Some simple questions

Oh well,

I could not help as I don't have that toy and won't for a while..... :rolleyes:

Deewng

DHK79

I have hit a stone wall. And I will play with it a little more any hints. Rebuilt and setup the pivots in the new helpers and even with your two to go from. It does seem that there is tweaking goin on as all are different due to trigger and airframe I guess.
:eek:

Your just "The MAN" that's all. Magic touch. I do at least now have it infornt of the plane now but climbing at approx 45 degrees after five feet. :D
Deewng

flexible said:
You are still missing what it is doing that I need fixed.

Do this, change the servo speed on all three servos to 9, that is very slow so you will be able to watch as thing happen. Then turn the ch 6 all the way to one side, and throw ch7 to tilt the PBG. Now click the ch 8 to the full back position, this will open the doors and deploy the PBG at the same time. As the the doors start opening, the PBG starts coming down, and turning and tilting all at the same time. If you pull the ch8 switch to you every thing starts moveing all at the same time, which makes the PBG go through the sides of the plane. The reasion is because all the motion is tied to switch position. All the deferant motions should be tied to the location of the next part in the linking.

There should not be any movement side to side or up and down, unless the doors are full open and the turrent is fully deployed, so that when the turrent starts moveing down, there would not be any side or down movement untill the turrent reaches the bottom of travel. Like wise, the turrent could not start moveing up untill the PBG was fully stowed, then the turrent would be able to move up, but the doors could not star to close untill the turrent was all the way up.

I haven't forgotten you and I am getting closer. will send you something on it in two or three days.

Deewng

Don't give up! You're getting there. You've only been working on it a few days, and it took me weeks to develop the technique.

Right now is sounds like only one of your scissor points is imparting motion.

Doug

How to you make a fence that you can see through?

I'm been trying to make extra objects for airports. Things like custom flags, club logo's. I have tried to make a custom gate that need a piece of fence with no luck. I have made a tga file with the alpha channel with the black "holes" in it and put it into 3d Max 2011. I have used the ~ALPHA and ~CANOPY command with no luck. If anyone can send me a working file that I can learn from or tell me how to do it, I would be most greatful. :)

You do it the same way that you do for airplanes. You won't see the effect in Max unless you configure it to use the Alpha Channel as the names alone have no effect.

How do you make a fence for an airport?

I need to know the steps that it takes to make a fence that you can see through as a airport object for RF. I have tried both a "Jpeg" image of a chain link fence and making an AlPHA channel with black holes, I also tried making a chain link fence in Coral Draw with a Invert of the map to make the Alpha channel and bringing them into 3d Max 2011 with no luck. I'm begining to belived that there is somethink wrong with the new 32bit KEX converter program. For some reason it just doesn't seam to like the Alpha channel, or I'm still doing something wrong. Can someone send me a file that will work so that I can see how it is supposts to work. Tking
tking101@comcast.net :) :)
All I can offer is many many thanks, with the hope that someday I can help someone else with RF

Back