Spam

I've seen other small forums, like this one, manually okay the first few posts a new member makes before they are visible. That would be very effective.

I'll go out on a limb here. I bet MOST new members here are spammers. The last 2 newly listed members are. PLEASE STOP THE SPAM!! Deal with these members before they can post!!!

hopkinsdavidson has Spam in his signature.

I had a list at one time of several that i have seen with spam in their sig. when i find it I will post it.

I see spam on RCGroups quite a bit. But it doesn't seem to stay there long after members report it. Perhaps if you see spam here hit the little red outlined triangle button on the right side of each posting next to the post number and report it as spam. The forum owners may not have time to read each post on the forum and might need some help with reports.

I see spam on RCGroups quite a bit. But it doesn't seem to stay there long after members report it. Perhaps if you see spam here hit the little red outlined triangle button on the right side of each posting next to the post number and report it as spam. The forum owners may not have time to read each post on the forum and might need some help with reports.

What do you think we do?:confused:

The word "DUH" comes to mind.

What do you think we do?:confused:

The word "DUH" comes to mind.

That is not what I gathered by reading this thread. This is one of my firsts posts here and I was just trying to help.

Thanks for you kind words and making me feel so welcome.

You can have this forum, I am out of here.

Last edited:
Thus why we were offended. Your first post here and you assume we don't know about such a basic forum feature. Our complaint is obviously with how long it takes for spam to be removed and to encourage preventative measures or a more active mod. You insulted first.;)

well Jeffpn liked it and so did I, I thought the triangle was to report a post that was offensive or obsene not for reporting spam you should think before you type next time.

Consideriing he was a noob you should think back to when you were one and was not in the know, I can see the people here didn't react to you when you were a noob the way you did or you would have left as well as Rickochet has decided to do and the fact that this forum is here for anyone who owns RF.

Sorry for being blunt but what he said was correct and true and he was not being nasty he was just letting people that didn't know about the red triangle and what it was for.
It was not an attack on you and saying that you are not doing anything so please read and think before acting next time.

My sugestion is this to stop the spam have everyone who wants to join or continue to use this forum must supply their sierial no for RF and they are put on a trial where their posts have to be approved by the mods and if it's spam their account is deleted.

Last edited:
My sugestion is this to stop the spam have everyone who wants to join or continue to use this forum must supply their sierial no for RF
That will never happen. There are a number of members, however small, who join the forum so they can ask questions about RF, and whether it'd be worth it to them. You can't prevent potential customers from joining.

I'm also not the only one who had an aircraft owner Google his plane and find my build thread. That's cool.

Besides, it'd be a shame if some of our regular 4.50.021 contributors couldn't post anymore, right ;)

I've seen larger forums than this approve the first couple posts of every new member before they show up. That'd stop the spam.

That is not what I gathered by reading this thread. This is one of my firsts posts here and I was just trying to help.

Thanks for you kind words and making me feel so welcome.

You can have this forum, I am out of here.

Coupla things there Rick.

Every forum has a few schoolyard bullies and there's no exception here. You've been a member since 2006 and you haven't seen this? It would benefit anyone who joins a forum to lurk for awhile to see what the mood is and who is setting it. Then at least you know what you're jumping into and aren't necessarily shocked or offended by the response.

Second, if you have a beef with the way you are treated you really ought to (imo) PM the moderators rather than stoke the fires.

Third thing is, most forums usually have a section for discussion of the forums themselves and other off-topic issues. This one doesn't. This thread really has nothing to do with RF and (imo) should be closed.

Regards
Michael

well Jeffpn liked it and so did I, I thought the triangle was to report a post that was offensive or obsene not for reporting spam you should think before you type next time.

Consideriing he was a noob you should think back to when you were one and was not in the know, I can see the people here didn't react to you when you were a noob the way you did or you would have left as well as Rickochet has decided to do and the fact that this forum is here for anyone who owns RF.

Sorry for being blunt but what he said was correct and true and he was not being nasty he was just letting people that didn't know about the red triangle and what it was for.
It was not an attack on you and saying that you are not doing anything so please read and think before acting next time.

My sugestion is this to stop the spam have everyone who wants to join or continue to use this forum must supply their sierial no for RF and they are put on a trial where their posts have to be approved by the mods and if it's spam their account is deleted.

Wow you really stuck it to me huh? It wasn't my post that sent him packing. I was clarifying why he got that reaction from Norton. I suppose your one of those fight fire with fire guys? In this situation its very hypocritical. How can you preach taking a nicer approach when your post is more blunt and offensive than Norton's or mine. If the word duh or even my follow up post was offensive enough to make rickochet leave for good then surely your post should make me want to leave. Not at all your free to disagree or be offended or or defend the offended and be a hypocrite. Why don't you show me the correct way to think and feel and react to everything that happens here in the forums. Heck I'll send you a PM of every intended post. If you approve I'll post it if not I'll STILL POST IT! Have a good day.

I am sorry Boof69 if I offended you I was not attacking you or Norton I was only stating what was said and how it was delt with, I mean the guy had taken the time to work out about the red triangle and what it is used for and got shot down for sugesting the obvious conclution, so sorry for agreeing with him and finding out a tip from him that I didn't know about.

I aggree with Jeffpn but as he has said there are other people that use this forum that don't have RF ect then his suggestion of moderating noobs posts before they can be posted will stop 99% of all the spam.
Most forums and even Blogs ect do this and it works.

All you would have to do is to moderate the first 3-5 post and then you are done.

Approving the first few posts also has the added benefit of preventing people who are to scared to say what's on their mind without trying to hide behind a new screen name. This guy should take a page from my playbook. I've never hidden behind a different name because I was a coward. Right or wrong, I'm man enough to say what's on my mind, unlike some people here.

https://forums.realflight.com/showpost.php?p=241446&postcount=4

Approving the first few posts also has the added benefit of preventing people who are to scared to say what's on their mind without trying to hide behind a new screen name. This guy should take a page from my playbook. I've never hidden behind a different name because I was a coward. Right or wrong, I'm man enough to say what's on my mind, unlike some people here.

https://forums.realflight.com/showpost.php?p=241446&postcount=4

So I wonder who that was and this is exactly what we are talking about if this system was in place this and spam would not happen so I sugest we get on the ball as nearly all other forums have and impliment it. and also we already have some spamers with accounts and they need to be hunted out and have their accounts deleted I mean if you wanted to help to get rid of all of them you could set everyone to have their next 3 posts moderated so you would get rid of them all in one hit if need be.

Back