Special RealFlight 6 pricing for recent G5.5 buyers

So I am a 3.5 owner...

I am seeing G4 / G5 owners upgrade to G6...
What are my options for going from 3.5 to 6,

Do I have to go find a 3.5-5.5 upgrade and then upgrade again to 6?

Or can I go from 3.5 to 6 directly?

I see people say my interlink should still work, but what am I missing from the new controller?

Is there a Controller upgrade option I can go thru? I am a Heli fan myself (a total newb but I like the sound of a new ratchetless interlink, (since I never got to open my old one and sand down the throttle notches))

There are other ways of making it ratchet-less than sanding the notches ...
I believe in fact if you search the forum there is a thread that explains how to do it with a piece of rubber tubing that is reversible back to how it is stock if you dont like it

I think the new interlink link also has some switched switches so as to be configured more like a "heli" TX

Also I believe someone posted that 3.5 users COULD upgrade .......again search the forum As I'm not sure.......................... but thought I saw it some where here

Maj. Numbskully said:
There are other ways of making it ratchet-less than sanding the notches ...
I believe in fact if you search the forum there is a thread that explains how to do it with a piece of rubber tubing that is reversible back to how it is stock if you dont like it

I think the new interlink link also has some switched switches so as to be configured more like a "heli" TX

Also I believe someone posted that 3.5 users COULD upgrade .......again search the forum As I'm not sure.......................... but thought I saw it some where here

There is an even easier way to do it as well. I took my G4.5 controller and removed the cover. I then removed the spring that pushes against the notches and flipped it upside down. I also slightly bent the spring to make the tension just right for my preference.

I tried the rubber tubing before, but eventually it just started not feeling right from age and use.

Leyline said:
So I am a 3.5 owner...

I am seeing G4 / G5 owners upgrade to G6...
What are my options for going from 3.5 to 6,

Do I have to go find a 3.5-5.5 upgrade and then upgrade again to 6?

Or can I go from 3.5 to 6 directly?

I see people say my interlink should still work, but what am I missing from the new controller?

Is there a Controller upgrade option I can go thru? I am a Heli fan myself (a total newb but I like the sound of a new ratchetless interlink, (since I never got to open my old one and sand down the throttle notches))
The upgrade from 3.5 to 6 is fifty bucks. The software is miles ahead. You can import any aircraft on the swaps. You get the same results you have with your present controller except you will be able to rewind with the reset button. The full upgrade for two hundred gets you a mega pack of your choice, upgraded interlink with digital trims, some repositioned switches (heli configuration), and buttons to control most of the common functions directly from the controller. Either choice is a no brainer. It also makes a wonderful Christmas gift for any RC guy that clues Santa in. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply guys,

Someone should make it more clear on
http://www.realflight.com/upgrade.html
where it says: "Add the latest RealFlight advances to G4 through G5.5 simulators*!"

That you can upgrade (3) or any other versions perhaps..

Is the upgrade a full install at upgrade prices, or does it try to patch onto your 3.5 version?
(confused by the "Add the latest features to....")

It is an independent installation, in fact you can run both versions on the same machine/Interlink.

Thanks again for all the help,
I was looking, is there anyplace to purchase an upgrade serial / download?
Or is there an online retailer you guys trust to order from / like to support?
My local shop only has the full retail versions. :(

Still worried that every description I can find says

"is intended for use with RealFlight G4 through G5.5. You don't have to buy a whole new RealFlight to enjoy the advantages of RealFlight 6! This upgrade allows you to add the latest RealFlight advances to G4 through G5.5 simulators,"

But optimistic that I can use it on top of 3.5.
Afterall, if I can put 5.5 on to 3.5 and 6 is free for purchasing 5.5 currently, then going straight to 6, would make everyone's life easier.

Last edited:
The RF6 upgrade just checks for earlier versions and in no way changes the existing install. When the RF6 install is complete you will have both full installations. Both will use the same interlink as you can only run one at a time anyways.

My G5.5 was purchased in December of 2010.
I checked with an employee at my LHS.
He said That if I could provide prove of the purchase,
I could download the upgrade for free.
Is this true, or too good to be true?

You haven't been here long enough to know you can't download RF? (outside of your main version?) :confused:

Your local hobby shop guy needs some coaching from his manager. If it was the manager or owner of the shop that told you that instead, then they should be in a different career.

Back