Specs on available models in Realflight Basic

Phinix

I'm wondering if there's an easy way to determine specs on the models available in Basic. I don't see anything (there isn't much for functions or data availability in Basic)...I'm sure I could Google each one until I find one that closely matches the specs of my helicopter, but that certainly sounds like a pain!

For my purposes; I want to determine the Heli model that most closely represents an Eflite Blade CP Pro2.
If anyone wants to just point out the obvious for me, that would be great. Heheh.

I am dearly hoping the Novus CP isn't the closest to mine. It's far too difficult for me on this simulator... mostly because it's too small on the screen to determine its orientation unless it's within a few meters of the camera, despite using the sim on a 42inch HDTV! I can't imagine if I were using a 19inch computer monitor!

I was a bit dumb and bought the cheapest 3d heli at the hobby store for my first... This has resulted in the need for the simulator and probably $75 of parts so far. Good times!
This software is pretty sweet, though. I'm enjoying the challenge (thoroughly).

Thanks, all!

MAJ,

There is no aircraft editor in the Basic version and you can't download custom aircraft.

Yah.. no Blade CP in the Basic version, either.
Novus CP is half the size of my Blade CP...

What does CP stand for, anyway? :)

How do you get custom aircraft for the full versions?

Is this something the users create and share? Or are you talking about the Upgrade packs and stuff?

Thanks again! :-D

Looking over the aircraft offered in Basic, I'd guess that the Furion 450 would be the closest to your heli. That said, the Furion's a little bit bigger and not as twitchy as the Blade.

I too bought a heli that was a bit too much for me, basically a similar heli to yours. I had started with a coaxial-type, and I really found that a bit TOO easy and really not all the introduction you need to a CP heli. The best money I spent was on the RealFlight simulator.

To really learn to fly an rc heli, load the sim up with one of the bigger ones, like the Synergy N9. Although it isn't what you have, it's much easier to learn on the big helis for many reasons, not the least of which is that they are easier to see. Practice with it, then move on to the smaller helis. Practice with ALL of them! But, starting with the bigger ones really does make it easier to actually learn to fly.

CP stands for "collective pitch," by the way, as opposed to "fixed pitch". That means the blades themselves pivot, rather than being stuck in one position. On a fixed pitch helicopter, altitude is gained by spinning the rotor faster; on collective pitch machines, the RPM is constant and changing the pitch of the blades is what provides altitude adjustments.

Good luck man, my advice is to shelf that heli for a while and just put a lot of sim time in. It's not an easy thing to learn, but you will get it and you have the right tool to get you there.

Happy flying!

edit: oh, as far as add-on content for realflight... there are expansion packs you can buy, which have a bunch of cool aircrafts and airports, and there is also a wide array of free downloadable user-created content.

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch, thpppttt.
Thanks, everyone. :)

I'm definitely putting some sim hours in.
Might go to the park today just to see if I can even hover this beast.

I've probably got 15-20 hours flying the T-Rex model in Sim. I've gotten to the point where I can do plenty of aerobatics with the lager models and can at least control and hover the smaller ones (though the Novus CP is still insane to keep track of its orientation).

You've got me curious about something else now:

Can fixed pitch helis fly upside down?
If so, how does that work? :-O

jeffpn said:
Briefly!! :D

Teehee, Thanks. :)

Thanks again, everyone.

I gave it a go at the park and was able to kind've hover and fly around a bit. I still crash about 50% of the time, though. :p

More Sim hours for mee!

I really appreciate all the input and help. :D

Maj. Numbskully said:
NOW THATS accurate :D and funnny :p I DON'T care who you are!!

Yah. I laughed out loud when I read it. Made total sense to me. :-D

I'm sad the Basic version doesn't have a closer match to my Heli.
But the Align T-Rex 500 is proving to be good training...

tnorton12000 said:
MAJ,

There is no aircraft editor in the Basic version and you can't download custom aircraft.

This brings up a question and or statement, RF is based on fly before you buy and I read the box but maybe not as close as I should have. Not only can one DL custom aircraft you can not download any aircraft. when a new model comes out the idea is or was to DL it and fly before you buy but sorry they felt that no new models are needed.

the box should have said in big red letters that what you buy is all you will get! I should have question why the hobby shop said no returns about three or four times...

My e mails went unanswered by RF but I will still buy and use real flight but not with the same feelings I had in the past. My younger brother is happy I loaned it to him to use to see if he will get a good version so it may not be a complet loss.

I am 67 or is it 68 years old and I am tired of feeling like I have been used by people that I want to trust. I do have a question has anyone made a fix so that new planes can be added the the program???

yes .....buy the full program
fly before you buy = Fly the aircraft that are in RF Basic , If you like RF Basic.......then buy the full version

Last edited:
Back