Spektrum dx6 doesnt work with helicopter of rf7,5

bichorendon

My control DX6 spektrun does not work with helicopter in RF7 :mad: would you please help me to understand how i should configue it?

Thanks

AR

I'm having the same problem...I think. No throttle with helis.

DX6 (2014) is all set up in RF 7.5 according to the .pdf in "Help" about field radios. Everything EXCEPT the throttle works on helicopters. I can see the blade pitches move but for the life of me I can't figure out what's up with no throttle.
Everything works great with an airplane, throttle included, but nothing with helis. Anybody got any ideas

I'm having the same problem...I think. No throttle with helis.

DX6 (2014) is all set up in RF 7.5 according to the .pdf in "Help" about field radios. Everything EXCEPT the throttle works on helicopters. I can see the blade pitches move but for the life of me I can't figure out what's up with no throttle.
Everything works great with an airplane, throttle included, but nothing with helis. Anybody got any ideas

Did you flip the Throttle hold switch?

That was my thought so I tried flipping all the switches (one at a time, of course ;0) and still nothing. Tried Y,U,I,O also...nothing.

It is explained in the field radio stickies at the top of this forum... you are trying to use a Helicopter aircraft type in the radio... read the sticky.

Here is that sticky that you need to read. Follow the instructions exactly as given. You can't just use an existing model that is setup in your radio. You will need to create a new profile in your radio.

Now that that was said, you can use your radio mixes but it will require editing each model you use to work with those mixes so the best way around this is just create a profile in the radio :)

Last edited:
Tried it in Acro ... that's where this all began...no throttle. Figured "what the heck", so on a whim I tried it in Heli with the same results-no throttle.
Read the sticky...I know there are slight differences in the DX6i and the new DX6 2014. Just trying different things to see if i could figure it out. No luck.

Also, as posted in the sticky...started with a new model...even "reset model" before programming anything to make sure it was "Clean".

Sorry that did not work for you... I will try to get ahold of a DX6, in the mean time... try looking at the DX9 instructions... maybe something there will help you.

I infer from the original poster's message, that his radio is working fine with airplanes, given that he specifically talked about Helis.

In that case the problem is likely that the helis are all set up to use a throttle hold channel assignment, and his radio does not have enough channels "transmitting" in PPM mode for the throttle hold channel.

That being the case, hitting the keys will not work until he re-assigns the throttle hold function in the model itself, to the keyboard entry.

Yet another reason the Interlink is the preferred way to sim.

Jose,
I think that you are on to something there... being a new guy, he probably does not even know about the keyboard keys. Look on the Radio gadget.
Key: Y controls Ch5
Key: U controls Ch6
Key: I controls Ch. 7
Key: O controls Ch. 8
Channel 7 is throttle hold... so press "i" key and see if that allows you to take off with a heli.

Last edited:
I believe he tried the keys.

I never used them. Are they toggles? Do the channels need to be reassigned to use the keys?

If not the heli will go right back into throttle hold, and given that throttle hold is the startup default, you end up with an immobile heli.

The keyboard keys work even if you are using the Interlink Elite.... press the "I" key to control the throttle hold switch. Since one of the guys says that he has tried that. The next step is to edit the selected controller and see what works each channel. I just noticed that the keyboard does not seem to do anything to the Edit Profile: screen. If the radio does not have enough channels, you have to determine what you will control with each switch.

Hmmm...

If it doesn't do anything in the edit screen then the keypress will not be conveyed to the model.

Something is off.

Agreed, the screen should show something... but major point to take from this is, the keyboard method does work as intended. The user should be able to see the switches moving on the gadget radio.

I have never used the keys to activate the switches on the interlink so what happens when you press the button for a particular switch and then flip the same switch? Does nothing happen? I would try but currently not at home.

Use of Keyboard Keys and Real Flight.

It seems that the software has a current setting that is controlled by either the keyboard or the radio switches. Lets use "Throttle Hold/Channel7/key-I" as the example. Assuming the radio gadget is displayed, Pressing "I" will change the switch position, pressing "I" again will revert to the original setting. If the Ch7 switch is down and you press "I" the gadget will show the switch up. Now if you switch the actual switch up, the gadget will still show the switch up. What ever the last command given is used.

As previously reported... 3-position switch ch8 Mode/Idle Up works differently... holding the "O" key longer will move to the middle position.

The Channel6/U key/Flaps-Gain rotary dial can be adjusted by holding the "U" key down until the dial rotates to your setting. You can monitor the movement on the radio gadget if it is displayed.

So using the Interlink... next time you move a switch, the new setting is immediately active.

Back