Spektrum dx6 doesnt work with helicopter of rf7,5

One thing that is puzzling me about this thread. Posters keep referring to the "Interlink" but are the problems really occurring with the Interlink Elite Edition or is this actually the Transmitter Interface Edition that has problems?

Mine are with the Interlink Elite edition...plugging my DX6 into the trainer port on the back of the Interlink. Keep in mind also, it's only a problem with Helicopters; fixed wing throttle works fine.

12oclockhigh...I'm going to play with the switches/keys again tonight and see if, in reference to your last post about switch/key position, I can get the throttle to work. I've always suspected a throttle-hold problem and maybe I'm just too impatient and not trying enough combinations to get it to pop off. I'll let you know how it goes-thanks...and thanks for everyone who has chimed in. An expert I'm not! ;0)

Mine are with the Interlink Elite edition...plugging my DX6 into the trainer port on the back of the Interlink. Keep in mind also, it's only a problem with Helicopters; fixed wing throttle works fine.

I mainly fly helicopters. At the field, I use a Spektrum DX8. I initially ordered the Transmitter Interface Edition so I could use my DX8 with RealFlight. After spending way too much time trying to get that interface to work acceptably, I exchanged the product for the Interlink Elite Controller Edition. That controller works so well, I liberated myself from worrying about RealFlight's problematic Spektrum interface and got back to flying :)

Last edited:
jks6958, I will ask the guys at the meeting tomorrow night if I can borrow the DX6 (new version) and play with it. I will report back if I am able to borrow the radio.

If you are plugging the DX6 into the back of the Interlink Elite... I am pretty sure that it is the throttle hold switch causing problems. Hard to make a 6 channel radio control 8channels of data!!!

Please read a couple of the Field Radio Setups. It will give you insight into the process.

The interface version works... it just takes a bit more to get it setup right. It would be nice if the radio could just be selected in a menu, but that might get the copyright lawyers panties tied up in a knot.

I had no problems getting it to work.

However the DX6 has only six channels. Realflight's configuration is still assigning Heli functions to channels 7 & 8 which Realflight NORMALLY uses.

To get the "I" key to control the throttle hold, you have to reassign "smoke", etc. to a HIGHER channel.

I "edited" the JR ( or Spektrum ) configuration and moved input channels 7 & 8 functions to Realflight software channels 12 and 11.

Once I did that the keyboard keys worked in the heli.

The problem for novices is that the predefined JR & Spektrum configurations are set up for 7 or 8 channels.

Neither really works directly for a DX6 or below.

i cant get my dx6 to work either about to just chuck rf7.5 in the garbage....

Follow the instructions given or get a better transmitter. As noted RealFlight is setup for a 7 or 8 channel radio but 6 will work but you will need to use the keyboard for the other channels your radio doesn't have or edit each model to work with your radio.

As I understood it, the DX6 was working with airplanes, and would not spool up for the helicopters. Jose has written of a solution for the helicopters... we are waiting for confirmation.

Yes it is a bit difficult to interface a 6 channel radio to an 8 channel program. Still it is possible with the key board. So don't chuck it yet... it is worth the extra effort. Remember, Spektrum guys, you are using a Horizon Radio with a Tower Software program. Do you think that they want to make it easy on you? :)

Hi Everyone...SUCCESS!! As you suspected, it was a matter of re-mapping channels 7 & 8. I started playing around with the onscreen radio (gadget) and my DX6, flipping switches on my tx and noticing what was moving on the gadget. Followed your advice and re-mapped "smoke" to Channel 7 and then the "I" key started working for the Throttle Hold!
My DX6 setup is : Channel 1 Throttle
Channel 2 Ailerons
Channel 3 Elevator
Channel 4 Rudder
Channel 5 Dual Rates
Channel 6 Mode
Channel 7 Smoke
Channel 8 Basically Not Assigned

This is all in RF under "Edit Controller" menu.

Now all is well in the world!! I know it's still best to use the interlink as everything is already configured, it's just fun to be able to use my "New" DX6 as I really haven't bee able to fly much this winter and so I get to "play" with it (I'm such a geek!!! ;0)

Thank you everyone for your help!!!!

Excellent.

Thanks and kudos for reporting back too.

Doing so will help anyone else with the same issue.

Back