Spektrum DXS Transmitter question

mmoir2525

Hey Guys , I am getting into the RC plane hobby and want to practice on a Sim before actually flying the real plane. I have a Spektrum DXS transmitter and Aero Scout plane along with the Spektrum WS2000 dongle. My question is does the Real flight Trainer Simulator work seamlessly with my set up? I have tried free simulators (Pica Sim, FS one) but they don't work 100%, something always doesn't work. I don't want to pay the $55 canadian and not have it work.. If anyone has insights on this I would be interested in your thoughts. Thanks

I should have said that I know it says on the product page for the Flight Trainer my set up should work but just looking for feedback if this is the case or not .

Unfortunately, there's no guarantee that it will be "seamless". The DXS can have any one of a number of configurations depending on which aircraft it comes with. I know people have had more difficulty getting the DXS setup for the Blade 230 working with RF, as helis are a little more complicated than planes. I would think that the AeroScout setup would be easier.

The WS2000 supports 8 radio channels. Your DXS will be set up for at least 6 channels, since that's how many you need to fly the AeroScout. Ideally they associated channels 7 and 8 with other switches that you may not know are set up like that. Channels 1-4 will be the sticks, channel 5 is your flight mode selection switch, and channel 6 is the panic button.

If you buy RealFlight directly from Steam, they'll let you cancel it for a refund as long as you have played it for only 2 hours or less and made the purchase less than 14 days ago. That's a way to find out how much work it will take to get things going.

Another idea... before you buy anything, you can see which switches do things using Windows alone. With the WS2000 plugged in and the DXS turned on and bound with the WS2000, you can go into a setup screen in Windows that you really don't want to change anything in but you can see the sticks and switches make things happen on the screen by running a Windows program called "joy.cpl" and looking at the Properties for the Spektrum Receiver. I have a document here all about how the WS2000 works with RealFlight including how to adjust the Controller Profile in RF to change the association between RF functions and channels on your radio. I also made a simple test program posted here that lets you see the eight channels coming from the WS2000 in a way that makes a little more sense than joy.cpl.

Okay, I bought the Realflight Trainer Simulator and I am having issues. The throttle stick does nothing that I can tell . When I calibrate the Spektrum DXS transmitter in RealFlight the Throttle stick does nothing while the everything else seems to work. What do I do..... This is the same way it responded in the Free software I tried. Any ideas.... Thanks

In the windows Game controller the Y axis doesn't work right or at all with the left stick. The toggle switch for Beg/int/adv changes the Y rotation slider which is weird. The Bind button on Transmitter changes the Z rotation. The H channel toggle on the transmiter changes the location of the "+" sign in the "box" to the left of the sliders .

Okay, it seems to be working now and I don't think I did anything. I could have hit a reset button in the Windows Controller area or in the calibration of real flight , I don't know which. I hope it continues to work.

Back