Spektrum DXx line of transmitters will be phased out Checkout NX series Spektrum Xmitters

This radio (NX10) is so cool; but the relevant feature for RealFlight 9 users is that it has a usb mode; plug in the cable, plug into RealFlight, the Radio Frequency power is disabled automatically while the radio is being used as a sim flight controller! How cool is that ?

And...

All of Horizon Hobbies E-Flite and Hangar 9 planes are built-in to the radio; no more fiddling, downloading, programming, tweaking... just select the built-in model of choice, import, and fly... this has redefined what BNF Bind and Fly is all about!

I am so pumped about this series!

marcus

This radio (NX10) is so cool; but the relevant feature for RealFlight 9 users is that it has a usb mode; plug in the cable, plug into RealFlight, the Radio Frequency power is disabled automatically while the radio is being used as a sim flight controller! How cool is that ?

And...

All of Horizon Hobbies E-Flite and Hangar 9 planes are built-in to the radio; no more fiddling, downloading, programming, tweaking... just select the built-in model of choice, import, and fly... this has redefined what BNF Bind and Fly is all about!

marcus
Question about the USB mode in RealFlight. Are all 10 channels available in RealFlight when connected via USB?

Question about the USB mode in RealFlight. Are all 10 channels available in RealFlight when connected via USB?
That is my understanding (pre-order) but be advised, I have not tested it yet (I'm from Missouri, and seeing is believing). Just as soon as I get mine I'll update this thread with the relevant specifics.

marcus

And...

marcus
Let’s see if I understand this correctly; with the new NX8, all I have to do is select my E-f Night Timber X1.2m plane from a menu, and all of the hours-long DX8G2 programming features are pre-loaded? Like: Prop Reversing on switch A; SAFE/AS3X on H; two position Flaps joined to the elevators on D; aileron & flap On/Off mixing on C; and rudder-ail-elev On/Off mixing on G for knife-edge flying in AS3X mode. Plus Wi-Fi connection for registration / updates, mini-USB2 ports for Li-po batt charging and direct interface with R-F 9.5 sim. And all of this for only $350.00 in stock at Amazon? Anyone but those on the YouTube video tried this yet? Of note: I had already rewired my plane’s stock 6- channel receiver per the Optional BNF Advanced Receiver Setup in the plane’s manual to allow for control surface’s mixing. This all sounds too good to be true.

Let’s see if I understand this correctly; with the new NX8, all I have to do is select my E-f Night Timber X1.2m plane from a menu, and all of the hours-long DX8G2 programming features are pre-loaded?
Yes.

Well, they are either preloaded, or they are selectable for quick download from a menu; I'll let you know for sure when my NX10 gets here. So, for folks like my dad (who just wants to fly) will be able to get in the air without having to do what he considers the chore of 'programming'.

marcus

Remember, when you join the AMA you get the cool "Model Aviation" magazine delivered right to your door.

My "Model Aviation" mag arrived yesterday; delighted to see a very good trade article ( page 35 ) previewing the new Spektrum NX10 field radio. The DX line is being phased out, with the NX6, NX8, and NX10 taking center stage. Confirmation; the DX config files may be moved over to the NX radios!

PS edit: Jay Smith did a great job with the NX10 article... all photos by the author.

marcus

Next week, something better will come along. There are much cheaper and open source alternatives.
That's great! Start a thread and discuss the latest cheaper open source competitor to the NX10 field radio from Spektrum... I'm sure everyone would like to read it ! :D

marcus

So pumped today... the NX10 is back in stock at HH and mine arrived yesterday in good condition from early backorder; not disappointed, this field radio is superb in every detail !

In comparison over the DX8G2 there is an additional 'E' switch (long, three position similar to 'D') two sliders (bottom left and right, like the InterlinkDX, but better quality) color screen ( larger, with easy eye readable ) and there is a serious cool design improvement with the knob|dial... moved around to the forward panel and the engineers have added a small triangular finger to the knob ( this combination makes the knob easily usable with a right fore finger while flying without removing thumbs from the gimbal levers ) !

I'll post some pics with write-up and config file when I get things going with the sim. Just an added note for now, the supplied usb cable is quality with mag connector; the charger input supply needs to be 2A. I have a couple laying around, but if not you'll want to order one to arrive prior to the arrival of your NX10.

The unit 'feels' good... is a quality build ( very much like the DX8G2 ) and is going to be an exceptional replacement for the DX line... great job Spektrum!

marcus

Back