Spektrum NX10 and RF 9.5S

Marco Gabiccini

Dear all,

I am entering this new world and I am sorry if I am asking trivial questions.
I would like to know if RF 9.5 and 9.5S version of the software are compatible with the transmitter Spektrum NX10. And, therefore, if buying a Spektrum NX10, I could be ok with just the RealFlight 9.5S Flight Sim Software Only version (without the interlink controller), thus saving some money.

I am asking because the in official Spektrum page [https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPMR10100] I was able to find only declared compatibility with RF8 and RF9.

Thanks,
Marco

Works like any windows usb joystick so it will be fine with rf9.5s. You will be limited to 10 channels though, unlike the Interlink DX controller that has 15 channels. Personally, I'd recommend the Interlink DX controller. I leave mine connected to my PC so it's always ready to go and avoids me wearing out my field transmitter gimbals.

What TomC said is right, except that because that USB output mode involves the transmitter functioning as an HID device in Windows, it will be limited to 8 channels instead of the 10 that the radio is capable of transmitting over the air.

What TomC said is right, except that because that USB output mode involves the transmitter functioning as an HID device in Windows, it will be limited to 8 channels instead of the 10 that the radio is capable of transmitting over the air.
Thanks for clearing that up mate. Cheers.

However, this is where I saw that the nx10 could do 10 channels. Two buttons are only on/off toggles. This is the rcgroups post I saw quite a while ago. I'm not sure if this is the case or not?

Last edited:
Ryan, it's good to see that you're still participating here after the move. I wasn't sure you were going to.
Yep, no real changes except of the housekeeping & cosmetic varieties. :) Thanks!

This raises a question in my mind: Is this a limitation of the NX10, or Windows?
I misspoke a little bit. The limitation actually comes from DirectInput. It allows a maximum of 8 proportional axes. The InterLink DX is able to exceed that with its total number of output channels by sending a bunch of the control states as pairs of buttons, which don't count toward the axis limit. It makes for a lot of buttons, as shown in Windows' Game Controllers control panel:

1650998996916.png

I am entering this new world and I am sorry if I am asking trivial questions.
I would like to know if RF 9.5 and 9.5S version of the software are compatible with the transmitter Spektrum NX10. And, therefore, if buying a Spektrum NX10, I could be ok with just the RealFlight 9.5S Flight Sim Software Only version (without the interlink controller), thus saving some money.
I am using software-only 9.5s with my NX10 and the Spektrum dongle with no problems.

Back