Sport Cub S2 horizon hobby on older RealFlight?

af88

I have real flight 7.5 was wondering if its possible to fly a horizon hobby sport cub s2 on the 7.5?

I have real flight 7.5 was wondering if its possible to fly a horizon hobby sport cub s2 on the 7.5?

You can't fly a RF8 only stock aircraft in a older version of RealFlight. You can create a AV off of a similar model to make it fly similar to the Sport Cub S2

It will not have the SAFE or AS3X Technology that the model would have in RealFlight 8, the flight controllers do not exist in 7.5.

Last edited:
ok thanks, i think the nightstar model is similar was just hoping i could fly the sport cub which i own to better practice on in the simulator

ok thanks, i think the nightstar model is similar was just hoping i could fly the sport cub which i own to better practice on in the simulator

You can always purchase the RF8 software only and have the exact model and functionality that the real aircraft has including the SAFE technology. It will work just fine with your existing controller.

Last edited:
thanks, i was hoping to avoid having to pay $100 for just a single model. I have the real sport cub s2, didn't want to fly it yet until i get pretty good with the simulator and i'm more confident and glad i got a simulator

Stick time is the only way to get proficient, and it doesn't really matter what aircraft you fly in the sim as the basics are all pretty much the same.

you are right, any tips for getting used to the orientation of a plane coming towards you. I've read and seen videos about turning your body which helps. Still struggle with this when its fast when its slow it give me time to think about it but you don't always have the luxury.

you are right, any tips for getting used to the orientation of a plane coming towards you. I've read and seen videos about turning your body which helps. Still struggle with this when its fast when its slow it give me time to think about it but you don't always have the luxury.

It will eventually be something you don't even think about. Trying always thinking of actually being in the plane. Practice practice practice. If you think planes are tough try helis :p It's about all I fly now IRL.

thanks, like you said i think its just more practice, might be easier for kids who play video games, i ain't no spring chicken, hard to break old habits

What I always practiced with ailerons for example, (only because you`ll probably be using those more than rudder) IS to push your aileron gimble TOWARD the low wing ONLY when it`s coming towards you. In every other position of flight or during an approach for a landing as an example (except your final), your inputs will be as if you`re in the plane. This is exactly what the sim is GREAT for, training your brain and fingers to fly RC planes. WHEN you get and try a real plane (A TRAINER!!!!) START WITH low throws on your control surfaces, and work your way up to more throw for more and faster maneuvering. Like Broke Dad said Practice,Practice,Practice

great advice, a couple of the videos i saw mention the same thing if its coming at you and one wing is pointing towards the ground think of it as a table and point the aileron towards that. I get in trouble when I use a combination of rudder and aileron to adjust yaw and roll. I'm very glad i got this sim instead of going out there on the sport cub s2 to practice on.

Well, you really shouldn`t have to adjust yaw at all during rolls, I`ll speak for myself here, BUT, I`ve always turned my planes using ONLY ailerons and elev. Sometime you may have to adjust yaw with your rudder using that method, but not very much or very often. it has always worked great for me, real world or the sim...... of coarse, this may depend on the plane you`re flying. Another thing to practice is taxiing with the plane coming toward you, this will get your brain trained to tell your fingers the right thing to do. THEN, you can start using your rudder during flight more comfortably, you can also practice using just your rudder during flight with the the plane coming towards you (without aileron inputs). If you practice these things, you`ll learn them very quickly to the point that it will come naturally without having to think about it at all as Broke Dad said, THEN, you can start mixing rud/ail. inputs during flght .....There`s another RC terminology, "Fly the plane, don`t let it fly you" :D:D . ALSO, try not to use the binocs. gadget ., just keep the plane close to you in flight.

Thanks, good advice. I won't even dabble in the binoc feature since it won't mimic my real world experience, practice is really the key like most said. Nice sibe by the way got 2 myself.

OHHHHH. now I feel stupid, I should have caught that:eek: "rascals" is putting it extremely mild, you MUST have your hands full, if they`re anything like mine was. SADLY, she had to be put down due to an illness:(:(:( .....BUT, I will say this, despite their high maintenance and sometimes being very hyper (that may vary between huskies ???) she was an extremely loving dog, kids loved her as much as she loved them, she always loved meeting new people and had SO MUCH character etc., etc, It was really hard to have a stare out with her, she loved doing that, not sure why ???BUT, she would win every time with those big blue eyes staring seemingly right into into your soul..

I'm sorry to hear about you pup, this breed is something else. Intelligent, stubborn and very loving. Most people who get this breed don't realize how much energy they have and sadly you find a lot of them between 1-3 years old in the pound. They are a great breed if you know what you are getting yourself into :)

Thanks for the regrets af88, I totally agree with what you say about them 100% and more, along with your "intelligent" and "stubborn", I`ll add VERY sly and cunning ;);):D

OH, yeah !!!, I forgot to add that as well LOL, I could go all night about that alone, :D:D, Hey af88, I gotta eat ..late..ugh, (not your fault ;):D) keep us posted on how things are going, you`ll find a lot of help here in the forums, all you gotta do is ask..:D

Back