Steam won’t let me create new account..RF is useless

Markmilam

Bought brand new laptop just to dedicate it to RF Evo which purchased yesterday….Captcha in Steam says I can’t be verified. Like over 2 days now….ive never had a steam account and need to create on…Any ideas.. or just return RF because Steam won’t let me create account. I’m not the only one having problems with their captcha
Thanks

I'm having the same problem. Although I registered in Stream with the correct email, it says it does not recognize my email. If I attempt to re-register on Stream, it says that my email is already registered. ??????

Try to complete the Steam registration on your phone or another computer.
Once registered RF Evo on Steam can be run on any computer, so long as it is only one PC at a time.

This worked!!..I had hobby shop try to create a new stream account on their computer… I gave them my email and it send a email verification email to my computer.. I verified it and then reinstalled stream and it let me create a new account. I guess they need a verified email to even start … Before I couldn’t even get past registering to even get email sent … Anyway, now I’m flying

I think Captchas use things like browsing history and past internet use to identify a person. A new computer might be why it fails. It also occasionally they just go wrong and can’t be passed.

There are a lot of complaints here about Steam's Captcha for some reason. Sounds like it works better on phones than on Windows browsers.

I never had a problem with capcha's before I bought RF. I tried for 2-3 days before I gave up. I tried from my desktop and my laptop using different browsers, etc. But I didn't think to try my cell phone. Maybe that would have worked. They've changed how capcha works to lock out AI's - and real people, too. And you can't even get tech support without getting past the capcha. EVERY path I found to help went through a capcha before you get anywhere useful. I finally asked a friend here to do a password reset request for my email address from his PC. HE managed to get past the capcha for me, & I was able to get back into my old Steam account using the link they sent me. I had created a Steam account for Acro FS a few years ago, and han't used it in forever & couldn't remember the PW. It was a PITA!

Back