Su-30mk

strongmankb said:
To each his own. I have fun with it.

That's not meant to detract from your efforts, I was just wondered if you caught the interaction and adjusted accordingly... not as simple as some of the other planes.

WOW......what a great plane.!!! My new favorite.!!!!!

Thats FUN to fly.!!!
I gave it a 10 (and I dont usually vote)

Vectoring has me a little frazzled right now, but I'm getting hovering down pretty quick.

2nd position is the only way to fly.!! :D
Thanks Guys.....!!!!

DANG Nemo.!!!!
Are you taking off at position 1?
Spinning in position 2?
and switching back to 1?

3rd is kinda useless to me right now.!!

Last edited:
I tend to fly it in position 1 ( no thrust vectoring ) and switch to position 2 or 3 for stunts, cobra's and flat spins.

Very slick plane.

First Flight

I made a quick recording of the first flight with this one. I got some really good acrobatic maneuvers in. The first flight went well except the landing. :rolleyes: I have to fly this one more to get that down. I didn't figure out how to get it to keep flying straight with the nose vertical. Anyone know how to accomplish this? Anyway hope you all enjoy it.

Last edited:
wills03 said:
I made a quick recording of the first flight with this one. I got some really good acrobatic maneuvers in. The first flight went well except the landing. :rolleyes: I have to fly this one more to get that down. I didn't figure out how to get it to keep flying straight with the nose vertical. Anyone know how to accomplish this? Anyway hope you all enjoy it.
I hope this Video helps ;)

PS. I used Auto Zoom and at the beginning when the Aircraft is on the Runway. my zoom setting is at 1.47

Bring up your Radio guide to help you out.

you will need Phranks Moffett Airfield_PI.

Bryce.
http://vayu-sena.tripod.com/info-su30mki.html#1
If you could convince KE to Convince RF to get a AoA meter and a Speed meter that could be used in the Electronics Department of the Aircraft editor. you could get the Canards to Maintain CLmax without stalling whilst landing. this would help immensely when landing. Until then. we need to use our thumbs and deal with a Near Stalled Canard.
http://vayu-sena.tripod.com/info-su30mki.html#4
su30mki14.jpg

Attachments

• HX3D014_SU-30MKx 15% RC_3_RC.G3X
    140.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
why is taht wrong? MK and MKI are both export, where the MKI is export for India, which has the thrust vectoring and canards, not the Su-30 Mk

at leat we all agree its a great plane

con_lambrou said:
phrank your half right,

Sukhoi Su-30 MKI

not Sukhoi Su-30 MK

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_Su-30MKI
Both the SU-30MKI and SU-30MK have thrust vectoring.

con_lambrou said:
why is taht wrong? MK and MKI are both export, where the MKI is export for India, which has the thrust vectoring and canards, not the Su-30 Mk

at leat we all agree its a great plane
It's wrong because you keep insisting that the MK does not have thrust vectoring, which it does! End of discussion! :rolleyes:

The su30 is not always a 2d thrust vectored and Canarded beast. these are optional Parts.

The SU 30 MK is the Commercial aircraft where (As a country) you can chouse to have them or not.

China did not have them on there SU30MKK

So we called it MKx as in insert you country code in place of the X.

If one wants an SU30 MK without Canards or vectoring. just re paint Arb6591's SU29, that's the basic file we used to convert to the SU30MKx (With canards) Thanks ever so much to that very new member (Arb6591)

Glad to see you do like it Con. and If you need help with the somewhat over complicated Electronics within the editor, we would be happy to help.
------------------------------------------

the attached picture was not shown in my other post. (It is the one where it says Tripod.) and I was using it to try and show the Canards and how they are linked to an AoA instrument that prevents them from getting past CLmax.

Attachments

• su30mki14.jpg
    su30mki14.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 29
you guys still around

Any of the Collective guy still around ??

I want to see if you guys can help on the physics work for the YF-31 posted in this thread.

https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=23958

I have a just simple flight controls set up on the EV but have an AV with the physics cut and pasted off of the SU30Mks 15% scale. It has been scaled to match the YF-31 I did re move the leading edge slats. I not sure about any of the gyros setups, all that is still new for this old dog.

Let me know if your still around.

su-30mk

this is an amazing plane but i have found problems with it. it is required to be hand launched in high winds. if not hand launched when you go to take off the flaps fall out. other than that it is a amazing plane.

Hmmm, in the 19 or so months since it's been released, this is the first time I heard of it having to be hand-launched.
Did you have an import error or did you import it correctly?

Frank...

3dbandit said:
this is an amazing plane but i have found problems with it. it is required to be hand launched in high winds. if not hand launched when you go to take off the flaps fall out. other than that it is a amazing plane.

Felt fine to me. Re load it and make sure you are using G3.5's latest update.

Attachments

• HX3D014_SU-30MKx 15% RC_2_RC.G3X
    176.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back