Swap page diarrhea!

Personally I don,t now or never did (when I modeled) care if someone wants to upload crap files. It's not hurting anything....except the crap file uploader's reputation (which I'm sure isn't a big priority to them)

The argument of good files getting buried is and has always been a "weak" point. If a "non regular" member (someone not visiting the swaps hourly or daily) is surfing the swaps for new content they don't have, they have the ability to display models broken down into many catagories: RF6.6, RF6, RF5.5 etc. From there the ability to break it down even further: EA, CS, AV makes it so easy to quickly browse through all the files. Add to that the preview "thumbnail" and anyone can tell in a very short amount of time if a file is worth downloading.

If anything, those crap files make your work look that much more impressive:D

The swaps now have the worst files I've ever seen to date. PinkYakRC has uploaded 11 files in 24 hours. They are just color fills and they are terrible. I think that the swaps should have some moderation. If not that a maximum upload per day limit. 2 should be the most. I think it would deter these kids that are grounded to their rooms from filling their day with color filling models and gumming up the swaps. KE keep up the momentum with fixing the swaps and install an upload limit. Maybe think about pulling most of PinkYakRC's recent uploads. Check out the quality of his work.

I read this thread at lunch but my crap phone prevents me from replying
I disagree with most of that
Some truths :
Every RF customer has the right to alter and upload files .........Even grounded ones........................no matter how crappy you may think they are
In fact for some ,being able to
was a selling point ,and is half the fun of RF............no matter how crappy you may think their files are
maybe his 13 year old friend in Toledo loves them !
Kids will be kids , and their parents paid the price of admission ! ( hopefully)...this is not Exclusively OUR domain

Many of today very talented up loaders.................... posted crap at first
today's junk is tomorrows treasures...In this world We should encourage kids .........not discourage kids

All that being said....I do think there should be a daily upload limit of 2 - 4 files maybe ..............Quality Content creators who have spent more than a day to create the files
shouldn't have a big problem with waiting just one more day to post the rest, if any

Last edited:
Your final paragraph is the whole point I was making. I never said they shouldn't be able to upload at all. Just like you said the limit would help with flooding. Me stating how crappy is just my opinion. All flood fills are crap files. If there is no new art I feel its crap. Maybe you dont . That's fine. Glad to hear you agree with me.:)

The only reason I care is that some of us (me) check the recent uploads tab every day or two. If the stuff gets pushed off that tab real fast, I might miss it. As it stands, the oldest file on that tab is now 3 days old. And the teal Rascal 110 is quite the sight. Maybe the picture doesn't do it justice. I'm not going to download it to find out.

All this being said, I did find myself vomiting just a tiny bit in the back of my throat when I saw those hideous colors all over my Slicko model, not to mention that beautiful Rascal...

and the Sbach...

and the FF Mx2...

the P-51...

Oh Jeeeze....

But....
People are smart enough to look at more than just the first tab ...
after all none of us have any problem finding quality files
so whats the big deal if its on the 2nd or even third tab anyhow ?

I am just glad I didn't see any of my planes in the "teal" color fill attack;) I feel sorry for Boof this kid did a real number on his Velocity, that was just wrong to paint his beautiful heli one solid color and post it!

Feel sorry??! What does that matter or even mean?

I could care less if someone created and uploaded a turd scheme to go on each and every EA file I ever created. Those files take NOTHING away from the work that I (or any creator of the original file) put into it.

Leaving unwarranted comments about a file could possibly sway a downloaders opinion of the file (KE took care of that situation though).....but seeing a crappy CS that was made for a quality EA takes nothing away from the original file. I doubt it would ever leave a bad taste or opinion in someone's mind about the original file.

Last edited:
Feel sorry??! What does that matter or even mean?

Boof probably spent alot of time creating that Heli and that kid flood filled it teal which probably took a minute and now Boof has to look at it and wonder why the kid thought this was some sort of improvement over the original I guess? I prefer to see things get improved not wrecked:confused:

Look at this quality. 15 minutes after the original upload.

Attachments

• screenshot1353557596 - copy_uPq.jpg
    screenshot1353557596 - copy_uPq.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 24
Haha I know right?
nodding grin.gif

:O Dude! I want whatever this guy is having! I don't know what he was thinking when he thought teal looked good on anything let alone the Logo 800......

Back