Switched axies? roll & yaw.

rupert160

I've installed real flight basic out of the box with a fresh build of windows XP.

Left stick forward and back is pitch... good
Right stick forward and back... good so far, looks like er... mode 1 :)

oh... what's this?
Left stick right left is... wtf... Yaw?
Right stick right left is... roll?

Hang on... this is NOT right. and unfortunately the basic version seems to have no control over correcting this. Is there a patch for this error?

BTW the sticks at the bottom correlate directly to the stick positions on my unit, but no matter what I fly yaw is on the same stick as my pitch. Very very odd, and unusable.

Help!

rupert160 said:
I've installed real flight basic out of the box with a fresh build of windows XP.

Left stick forward and back is pitch... good
Right stick forward and back... good so far, looks like er... mode 1 :)

oh... what's this?
Left stick right left is... wtf... Yaw?
Right stick right left is... roll?

Hang on... this is NOT right. and unfortunately the basic version seems to have no control over correcting this. Is there a patch for this error?

BTW the sticks at the bottom correlate directly to the stick positions on my unit, but no matter what I fly yaw is on the same stick as my pitch. Very very odd, and unusable.

Help!

If your controller is set like this:

Left stick up, Left stick down: Throttle Up, Throttle down.

Left stick left, Left stick Right: Nose left, Nose right.

Right Stick up, Right stick down: Nose down, Nose Up.

Right stick left, Right stick Right: Roll Counter clockwise, Roll Clockwise.

It's a Mode 2 Controller.

If it's like this as you say:

Left stick up, Left stick down: Nose down, Nose Up.

Left stick left, Left stick Right: Nose left, Nose right.

Right Stick up, Right stick down: Throttle Up, Throttle down.

Right stick left, Right stick Right: Roll Counter clockwise, Roll Clockwise.

It's in Mode 1.

Mr Moo is correct however...

Mr Moo, on second inspection it's a little less obvious.

Given the following url:
http://www.rc-airplane-world.com/rc-transmitter-modes.html

RC Basic provides Selection for mode 1 and mode 2
(but sadly not mode 3 or mode 4)

Selection of both mode 1 or mode 2 is provided on screen and this is what happens:
mode 1 gives
on screen controller image that maps my controls exactly ie the controller in my hand is exactly as is on the screen and
mode 1 control exactly (as described by you Mr Moo).
ie left stick operates elevator & rudder, right stick operates throttle & ailerons.
100% mode 1

What's tricky is mode 2 selection is not correct.
mode 2 gives
on screen controller image that swaps the stick movement from the left stick up/down in my hand to the right stick up/down on the image and right stick up/down in my hand to the left stick up/down on the screen (left and right actions map exactly though). however the actions of the helicopter to my stick retain no change to original selection of mode 1. i.e. functionally provides me mode 1 actions still. The only difference is the on screen image is moving opposite sticks.

It is apparent that the software requires a patch. As switching modes provides visual identification of change on the controller image, but no functional change to the helicopter.

Can somebody advise if they too have mode 1 operation when mode 2 is selected?

Regards

Last edited:
You really need to get in touch with those that can help you. If you are correct that your Interlink is soldered wrong, what can us other customers do for you?

You really need to get in touch with those that can help you. If you are correct that your Interlink is soldered wrong, what can us other customers do for you?
My very old interlink controller worked well with the original software but the CD shattered into a thousand pieces in the drive, the channels now do not make sense in any mode with the latest software.

Back