T-28 Trojan

technoid

I decided to create a semi-scale profile version of the T-28 Trojan. I'm not sure yet what will power it, gas, glow, or electric so any thoughts on that are welcome. It has a 108 inch wingspan so you can see it easy in RealFlight and will have retracts. I thought about flaps too but maybe not. I create planes to fly in simulator so they're not copies of real planes just something fun to fly. Here's a couple of renders of where it's at right now.

Attachments

• T-28 Trojan 01.jpg
    T-28 Trojan 01.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 21
  • T-28 Trojan 02.jpg
    T-28 Trojan 02.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 17
I'll have to look up some pictures and history now as I really wasn't that familiar with the airplane.

I decided to create a semi-scale profile version of the T-28 Trojan. I'm not sure yet what will power it, gas, glow, or electric so any thoughts on that are welcome. It has a 108 inch wingspan so you can see it easy in RealFlight and will have retracts. I thought about flaps too but maybe not. I create planes to fly in simulator so they're not copies of real planes just something fun to fly. Here's a couple of renders of where it's at right now.

Is this a assumption that someone who designs and builds models that look like real aircraft does not build them to fly in our simulators???

Is this a assumption that someone who designs and builds models that look like real aircraft does not build them to fly in our simulators???

Being as nice as I can. That comment was to let you and legmon know I realize my planes aren't perfect scale but I create them to have something fun to fly in the simulator. It's extremely hard for me to get to the field and take care of my bedridden wife so I use RealFlight to build fun little projects and share them. It seems I should be able to do that without being told their short comings by the same people each time. So I said it that way so maybe I wouldn't have to say it directly, but I suppose not. Would you please allow me to share my projects without dropping by to tell me I'm doing it wrong. Is there not room in the RealFlight forums for me to do that?

Being as nice as I can. That comment was to let you and legmon know I realize my planes aren't perfect scale but I create them to have something fun to fly in the simulator. It's extremely hard for me to get to the field and take care of my bedridden wife so I use RealFlight to build fun little projects and share them. It seems I should be able to do that without being told their short comings by the same people each time. So I said it that way so maybe I wouldn't have to say it directly, but I suppose not. Would you please allow me to share my projects without dropping by to tell me I'm doing it wrong. Is there not room in the RealFlight forums for me to do that?
Technoid, Keep doing what you`re doing, your planes are fantasy planes ...so to speak.. and they`re all enjoyed by all of us, They`re NO different than some "recently" released fantasy CS`s, albeit very good ones, they don`t exist in the real world, but there for everyone to enjoy, real or not.;)

Technoid, there is nothing wrong with your models. They are your style of aircraft and are models of what RC aircraft should be. Scale is nice but people forget this is a RC simulator, not FSX, X-Plane or any other full size aircraft sim. One thing that only you can say is that most of your models are truly your designs. There isn't a day that goes by when I fly at least one of your models.

Technoid, Keep doing what you`re doing, your planes are fantasy planes ...so to speak.. and they`re all enjoyed by all of us, They`re NO different than some "recently" released fantasy CS`s, albeit very good ones, they don`t exist in the real world, but there for everyone to enjoy, real or not.;)

Thanks.. I like that definition, fantasy planes. I'm reworking the ailerons right now to make them look like the plan I have. The dihedral won't be there but it will be a fairly close to scale plane in the other aspects. Ha.. as close as a profile plane gets.

Well, a lot profile planes ARE designed after real world planes, thus, they look similar, just not "scale" in every aspect of coarse, They shouldn`t be criticized, they were made to fill a niche in the RC world, affordable, easy to repair, easy to learn the basics of flying RC, real world or Sim. ;)

You know how I feel. Keep up the great work and to heck with the detractors. I gave up other forums mostly because of all the negative hateful people. I'd hate to see that happen here.

Technoid, there is nothing wrong with your models. They are your style of aircraft and are models of what RC aircraft should be. Scale is nice but people forget this is a RC simulator, not FSX, X-Plane or any other full size aircraft sim. One thing that only you can say is that most of your models are truly your designs. There isn't a day that goes by when I fly at least one of your models.

Wow.. thanks for your comments I really appreciate them.

You know how I feel. Keep up the great work and to heck with the detractors. I gave up other forums mostly because of all the negative hateful people. I'd hate to see that happen here.

Thanks and yes we talk all the time so I know how you feel. And yes I was about ready to give up and not do build threads anymore because I knew how a couple of people feel about my planes. BUT.. man I feel better getting all this support. I think this plane will turn out nice, except sans dihedral. It will have panel lines and the typical color scheme for the T-28 so it should be a pretty nice profile model.

In the world of RC judging, that stile of model is graded and judged as (Stand Off Scale).
Why is it that if a person, who spends many hours creating something out of thin air, the way he wants, that some one else, thinks it is ok too pass judgement.
What a very boring world this world would be, if we all had to like the same thing.

Thanks. Yeah it definitely takes a lot of time to make my planes that's for sure. I just like simple old school planes like I flew when I was young.

I reworked the ailerons and shortened the wings a bit I forgot to resize them due to the profile fuselage, it looks better now. But still a profile plane it will look better after I do the CS for it. Oh, and yeah I need to pull in the fuselage at the tail just haven't done it yet.

Attachments

• T-28 Trojan 03.jpg
    T-28 Trojan 03.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 6
well you all know i like technoids EA's , and if it comes to calling them something Kit bashing comes to mind , and i have flow lots in RL that are sweet looking fun to fly planes
check out this kit bashed RC plane everyone should know http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kit-building-121/10812204-my-20-year-old-4-star-me-109-kit-bash.html

Talking about kit bashing, that was what I did for years! I went to the field and first thing I would do is dumpster dive for plane parts. I used glue, tape and prayers to make models when I was a teenager. I would have to hand launch my creations and sometimes they flew more than one flight. I had a futaba skyport transmitter, servos in my box and I had a OS. 46 that had more crashes on it than fins that I always used, irregardless of it being a 20 size plane or a 60 size... :D:D

haha thats a funny but good story , lots of fun you had doing it too i bet , and i did a few like that over the yrs as well not to that degree though :)

Tech, do what you do. From the day I started CSing and eventually modeling, the one thing I learned is you'll never please everyone. There's the die hard scale guys who want the exact copy of the real world version down to the exact scratch in the paint, then there's the guy who just wants a plane that'll actually start and fly and could care less if the left wing is longer than the right as long as it lifts off. You're the one who is sitting in front of the monitor doing the work, and last I checked, you're not getting paid for the time and effort put into your work. I say to each his own.

haha thats a funny but good story , lots of fun you had doing it too i bet , and i did a few like that over the yrs as well not to that degree though :)

Growing up I had no money for kits so I did what I had to do to fly when I was in high school.. Lol

Ditto what Andy, (aka, Abaser) said Technoid, Andy and Major Numbscully, along with others, inspired me to do CS`s and eventually a model, neither of which I had a clue about or attempting, but I just had to try, that`s just me, Andy and the Major were key factors in the effort to help me, without their help, I was blind as a bat, but they continued to help, no matter what, and I`m forever grateful to them. SO, my point is, ANYONE doing modeling and CS`s for RF, keep up the great work,(you know who you are), you never know who you`re going to inspire to be the next modeler or CS`er, I`m sure I speak for all RF creators, when I say, we do it for the fun, the challenge, and most of all, to share our creations. Anything I created, personally, was to test myself and my abilities, and to share, nothing more. love or leave it, like it or not, you don`t have to download it.. ;)

Back