B

T-28B Trojan Giant_AV

Thanks. With this one, I finally thought to use math to scale it up. It seems a little light...I may add some weight. I love how it flies and sounds.

Thanks. With this one, I finally thought to use math to scale it up. It seems a little light...I may add some weight. I love how it flies and sounds.
I tried out your AV and it flies very nice you did a great job on it. I did end up tweaking it a little so let me know if you want to try out my changes and I'll upload an AV for you to test. I changed the prop pitch, prop visual scale, wing incidence, hstab incidence, wing gear strength, and steering gear strength. It flies about 150 now and the prop shows up large.

Thanks and yes, please upload your AV. I'd like to test it...I'm sure it's an improvement. I'm still learning all the little tweaks!

Oh man, just found the add-ons and the T34 Mentor! I had one from World Models about 15 years ago that I flew the snot out of. I got so tired of it, I put it in a big loop. On the downward side, just kept that throttle wide open and plowed her straight down into the tarmac. My two buddies at the field didn't see it, they HEARD it...STOP, all of a sudden. LOLOLOL I wish Nitro Planes or World Models would bring it back!!!

Thanks and yes, please upload your AV. I'd like to test it...I'm sure it's an improvement. I'm still learning all the little tweaks!
Okay here's an AV with the changes in it let me know what you think. One of the changes I made reduced the amount of climb it has at full throttle flying level. What I like to do is have the plane fly "nearly" level with a very small amount of climb when I fly across the field at full throttle. Some people think it drops some but you have to get the plane flying "level" at full throttle and then it should only climb a little as it crosses the whole field. I also fly off a dirt field so I raised the stiffness of the wing and nose gear so the plane can take-off and land without the gear breaking off. Then kill the engine with the K key and you can see that the prop is full size again it was small before. Then I changed the Prop Pitch to raise the top speed to 150. If you like the changes feel free to use them in your AV, or not.. entirely your call.

Here's the changes I made.

Prop Pitch: 32
Prop Visual Scale: 192%
Wing and Steering Gear Strength: 1200
Wing Incidence: .2
HStab Incidence: -.1

Attachments

• T-28B Trojan Giant Mk II_AV.RFX
    874.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Incidence and Prop Visual Scale are things I never even considered, so thanks for that and all the changes. Prop looks good, flies real nice. I am in full agreement with getting the plane to fly level/slight rise at full throttle and sticks at neutral (no trim). How fast was it going before? Where do you see speed?

Incidence and Prop Visual Scale are things I never even considered, so thanks for that and all the changes. Prop looks good, flies real nice. I am in full agreement with getting the plane to fly level/slight rise at full throttle and sticks at neutral (no trim). How fast was it going before? Where do you see speed?
Thanks I'm glad you like the changes. You can see the Airspeed in the first NavGuide press the "1" key to show it. Before it flew about 114 and after the prop pitch was raised it flies about 158 just enough to get a bit better feeling in the air (to me that is everyone is different on that). I'm glad you did the Giant AV it looks good large.

One thing the fellow complained about I wish I had thought about when I created the T-28 and that's tapering the wings, back then I didn't do much of that but the wing would look better with some taper. Now for having less dihedral than the real plane I don't like how planes fly with lots of dihedral, to me they're sloppy in the air it really affects the aerobatics, so I generally keep it around 3 degrees which doesn't affect aerobatics much at all. Another thing he mentioned is the gear is out on the wing a lot. I didn't want to do the extra work to make the gear all the way into the center of the fuselage like the real plane so I moved it out to clear the fuselage, but I could have moved it in a little more which would have helped some. It would still look too far out on the wing but it would have looked better if I moved it in as much as I could without hitting the fuselage.

Back