T-Rex 450 Float conversion?

int2str

Hello Designers!

Could anybody with the appropriate tools and knowledge please turn this T-Rex 450 SE V2 into a float heli for G4?

That would be greatly appreciated!

Any other floaters would be nice, too!

Thanks!!

Yeah,I was trying myself to convert the redbull edge to floats, but haven't gone too deep into it yet, due to my busy schedual. If in due time I figure it out properly, I'll convert it. Or, if anybody has been sucessful in converting/adding floats to an existing model please post any helpful info here.

You need the original 3D source file in order to add floats (3DS or MAX, for example). It's the same with adding or removing any other component from the model.

dhk79 said:
You need the original 3D source file in order to add floats (3DS or MAX, for example).
Talk to phrank? he may be willing to let somebody have the file so that someone could put it in G4 or maybe he might be planning on doing it himself already, who knows

I would love to see realworld pics of such a beast.
Not sure I would want to dangle $1000 worth of grown-up toy inches above water just for kicks, but Who's actually done it? :eek:

Post some pics of actual realworld Trex450's with floats above water and I'll consider it.

Doh! It got Wet! :eek:

Just as I thought, it's not a practical application for this type of heli.

As a training aid, I have no problem putting in some extra time.

Just for the sake of it, well it'll have to wait until I catch up with current activities.

UPDATE:
I'll give nemo_uk my source file, if anyone can do it, he can. ;)

Last edited:
added some bottle floats to phranks very nice model ...

Attachments

• ScreenShot1196364698.jpg
    ScreenShot1196364698.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 89
  • ScreenShot1196364740.jpg
    ScreenShot1196364740.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Trex 450SE floats_EA.RFX
    5.1 MB · Views: 58
dhk79 said:
Cute. Nice modeling, Nemo.
thx

one with pool noodles ....

Attachments

• ScreenShot1196372323.jpg
    ScreenShot1196372323.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 84
  • Trex 450SE orange floats_EA.RFX
    5.2 MB · Views: 66
Oh stop it, you're going to make me leave work early.
I haven't been this excited since G4 arrived at my LHS. :D

Excellent work Tony!

And I was just about to ask why the bottles not the noodles until I read further. Nice work Nemo! how close was it with the polys? I know we didn't have much left when we finished.

Back