Taranis setup for Realflight 8

Sure! So I tried to follow what you have on the first page and I think I’ve done it right. I tried master and slave both didn’t seem to make a difference. Done the 3 tabs on the taranis and opened Rf8, got the channels working for the appropriate input. But when I calibrate it, the calibration doesn’t centre properly. Had to use massive subtrim to get it remotely close.

Also, just using a normal USB cable. I assume it’s okay, everything works, just doesn’t calibrate properly?
I used the Futaba profile, customised it, and saved as a new profile.

Odd - I deleted all my saved profiles (stored at C:\Users\your name\Documents\RealFlight 8\Radio Profiles), and couldn't duplicate. I initially used the RF "gamepad" profile as a base, since that is what Windows identifies the controller as. But using the Futaba profile worked too. It all just worked fine for me, though.

You could try deleting the controller profiles in RF, and then deleting the controller in Windows, and reboot and start over with new ones, recalibrating as you go.

The problem in this thread sounds in some ways similar (https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=33440. Scroll down to read about how to do a "soft" reinstall using the control panel, or go for broke and do a complete reinstall.

Worst case would be to change the center of each channel on the outputs page of the Taranis (the 1500 entry) to get each one to register as centered in RF.

Sure! So I tried to follow what you have on the first page and I think I’ve done it right. I tried master and slave both didn’t seem to make a difference. Done the 3 tabs on the taranis and opened Rf8, got the channels working for the appropriate input. But when I calibrate it, the calibration doesn’t centre properly. Had to use massive subtrim to get it remotely close.

I'm using RF 7.5 ; however, I cannot think why there would be any difference in TX setup...

Your setup is the same as mine and I use the G7 wired interface so it should work.

As others have said you can move the centre point 1500 by a very large amount interactively to see how it changes in RealFlight (Outputs 6/13 end column using the + and - )

Hope you get it sorted.

Confusing RealFlight8

Upon my experience

Tranis channel 5-8 is mapped to RF8 input channel 1-4 in EDIT screen.
If I tried with Taranis channel 1-4 in mix, the selection in unassigned button of Input in edit screen was not worked properly.

Moreover, In Calibrate Screen, that is a little bit changed. After I assigned Elevator to CH2 in unassigned button of Input, the Elevator is mapped to CH3 in calibration screen.

What's wrong?

Upon my experience

Tranis channel 5-8 is mapped to RF8 input channel 1-4 in EDIT screen.
If I tried with Taranis channel 1-4 in mix, the selection in unassigned button of Input in edit screen was not worked properly.

Moreover, In Calibrate Screen, that is a little bit changed. After I assigned Elevator to CH2 in unassigned button of Input, the Elevator is mapped to CH3 in calibration screen.

What's wrong?

Currently, I have the following:
In both the Taranis Inputs and Mixer:
1=A
2=E
3=T
4=R
5=RS (right slider)
6=LS (left slider)
7=S1
8=S2
9=SH
10=SD

Yes, in RealFlight calibration, the order is different. I see:
Ch 1 = Taranis S2
Ch 2 = Taranis S1
Ch 3 = Taranis RS
Ch 4 = Taranis LS
Ch 5 = Taranis Rud
Ch 6 = Taranis Thr
Ch 7 = Taranis Ele
Ch 8 = Taranis Ail

In RealFlight Controller Profile, I set things so:
1 Ail = X Axis
2 Ele = Y Axis
3 Thr = Z Axis
4 Rud = X Rotation
5 Dual Rates = unassigned
6 Flaps = Y Rotation (Taranis LS)
7 Smoke = Z Rotation (Taranis RS)
8 Mode = unassigned
Reset = Button 0 (Taranis SH)
(So, S1, S2 and SD in Taranis are currently not assigned to anything in RealFlight)

The RealFlight Calibration screen is using the control order Windows uses for devices.

The RealFlight Controller Profile screen takes the Windows channels, and translates them to the correct controls for airplanes in RealFlight. So, nothing wrong, as long as when you move a stick in the Controller Profile screen, it moves the control indicator you want - meaning, Aileron Stick moves the indicator on the Aileron line, etc.

Yes, can get confusing - in my case, Taranis Elevator is on Channel 2, which becomes Channel 7 in the Calibration, and then finally is Channel 2 again on the Profile screen.

Last edited:

Had this problem and sorted it by changing the offset in the input settings for those channels. I connected up to realflight, calibrated my transmitter and saw which channels were out ( this also showed in the image of the transmitter where the sticks were shifted from centre). Then as you adjust the offset you can see the stick moving slowly back to centre.

Back