Tech pic of what all the switches do RF9 InterlinkDX

kevorama1965

RF9 is the 3rd RF that I have owned. It's been awhile since I last used it. My issue is that I can't find anything in the manual as to what all the different toggles and knob and back of radio axis sliders do. I can't find it in the manual online or from any searches. Am I missing something obvious?

There is not a consistant interface across all aircraft in Real Flight. It gets worse as additional controls are added. It is up to each aircraft designer to select the switches and features used in that aircraft. The only place to see this information is when you edit the aircraft you're interested in. Many designers do not document the controls very well. You are left with looking at what each radio control is linked to in the aircraft editor.

Not a great system. The aircraft shipping with the product are more consistant within a simular aircraft type. Sorry, best answer.

Last edited:
12-0-clock-high is correct.
As of now, if it is not documented in the description when you select an aircraft, your on your own to discover their operation.

Maybe if Knife Edge is pressed to make the information available from the run-time menu, the designers could list the functions in the editor, and they could display it on command.

Would even be nicer if knife edge would allow the operator to assign functions to switches when you select the controller, as most transmitters allow. Then everyone wins!

Anyone from Great Planes / Knife Edge have any interest/input ???

Thanks for the replies. I thought I got stuck on stupid. I have a 9 channel Futaba in the box brand new. Maybe I should check into using that with the proprietary cable.
At least then I should be able to assign switches, dials, knob etc.
Your thoughts at that? Either of you

I believe you can assign your own switch choices doing that.
I used my transmitter in earlier versions, and that was the case.
However, if the creator uses a completely different sw for a function, you may need to reconfigure your setup for that particular model. That still may be easier than going into the editor.

Now I just use the RF controller and edit models with my choice of switches/controls.
PITA though.

Back