Techair Sea Cruise

I think I'll fly the nitro Hirobo Shuttle today. This is a very old picture when I was first starting out of it and a few others.

You need to get out the epoxy and start getting that plane of yours together.

Cool picture.. thanks!

I just finished the part mapping so next is the 1x1 mapping. Here's a picture of the map.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Techair Sea Cruise 41.jpg
    Techair Sea Cruise 41.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
That's a LOT of mapping. I can't wait to see the CS. Maybe some teak wood on the boat ? I did a simple CS today for a heli that got posted. It only had the CS Johnny31297 put on it originally. I made one in the current holiday spirit.

That's a LOT of mapping. I can't wait to see the CS. Maybe some teak wood on the boat ? I did a simple CS today for a heli that got posted. It only had the CS Johnny31297 put on it originally. I made one in the current holiday spirit.

Yeah lots of little parts so the plane looks just like the prototype. I don't know what kind of CS I'll be doing it might be just paint. But some sort of wood on the top of the boat might be nice, dunno what it will be.

Here`s another. Rotate, scale as needed. HMMM ?? don`t know why the pic. just doesn`t show up as usual, anyway, just click on the link, but you knew that

Attachments

• ScreenShot140.jpg
    ScreenShot140.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Thanks guys! I was thinking something like this.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Techair Sea Cruise 43.jpg
    Techair Sea Cruise 43.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 33
That looks nice. I do like the darker color and lines better I just couldn't find it. That one I linked is just a veneer sheet. You remember doing this one right technoid ?

Attachments

• ScreenShot1463897049.jpg
    ScreenShot1463897049.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
That looks nice. I do like the darker color and lines better I just couldn't find it. That one I linked is just a veneer sheet. You remember doing this one right technoid ?

That's a cool plane I like it. I created it to showcase that engine when I first modeled it and got the idea to make a crowd control plane out of it. Ha!

The Civil Defense is so well balanced it can do rolls and almost stay in a straight line without hardly any corrections.

The Civil Defense is so well balanced it can do rolls and almost stay in a straight line without hardly any corrections.

Yeah it's nice flying that's for sure I flew it for a long time after I finished it. I need to pull that baby out again and give it a go.

I've been playing around looking at different things and thought I'd stick the TV image in to see what it looks like, not bad.. thanks BrokeDad.

Attachments

• Techair Sea Cruise 45.jpg
    Techair Sea Cruise 45.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 12
We need a color poll for the main CS. I picked brown to augment the cool teak wood. What do all of you else think ? Of course technoid has the final decision being his creation. RF-X really needs to get the water physics fixed so you all can enjoy these type of models.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1499288224.jpg
    ScreenShot1499288224.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I can create a brown CS and upload it to the swap pages but I don't think that will be release CS. The brown looks good with the wood but then that's the only color, so I'll release it with different color CS but can add a brown CS to the swap pages.

Oh bye the way.. I just finished the 1x1 mapping so I'll work on the CS next. It may be the current blue with some trim here and there, don't know for sure.

We need a color poll for the main CS. I picked brown to augment the cool teak wood. What do all of you else think ? Of course technoid has the final decision being his creation. RF-X really needs to get the water physics fixed so you all can enjoy these type of models.

I`m on the fence here BD, No offence, BUT, It kind of reminds me of a Baby Ruth in a swimming pool :rolleyes:

I`m on the fence here BD, No offence, BUT, It kind of reminds me of a Baby Ruth in a swimming pool :rolleyes:

LOL .. Ok then maybe a very light tan then or even a goldish color. I can't unthink that now. :eek: The original baked on blue is still a good one. I can see S.S. Baby Ruth now on the stern.

I just tried this shade. It's kind of interesting how it changes according to how much sunlight hits it.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1499345861.jpg
    ScreenShot1499345861.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back