Technoid's Screen Shots

technoid

I thought I'd start a place where I can share screen shots of what I'm working on at home. If you want to share something too feel free to add your pictures.

I'll start it off with three shots of the engine I created for the P-38L. I'll probably tweak the engine colors a bit but other than that it's finished. I removed the muffler and carburetor after I put it in the plane because you can't see them and it saved some work on the mapping. Plus the exhaust on a plane like this would be custom and routed out the turbocharger.

Attachments

• P-38L Lightning 30.jpg
    P-38L Lightning 30.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 17
  • P-38L Lightning 31.jpg
    P-38L Lightning 31.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 17
  • P-38L Lightning 32.jpg
    P-38L Lightning 32.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 23
It looks nice in there. No need for a real world engine in a model plane. Do still love your multi-cylinder creations though.

It sure looks nice in there,I just been flying the last beta on this plane and I can't wait until you put it on the swaps. I am glad that you are back again!

It sure looks nice in there,I just been flying the last beta on this plane and I can't wait until you put it on the swaps. I am glad that you are back again!

Thanks. No build threads for me right now but I thought I'd share some screen shots of what I'm doing at home. I like to model but I'll be on again and off again.

If you remember the P-38L had whitish artifacts on the top four machine guns, looking down at them on a 2d field the top four machine guns looked whitish. So when I added the new engine the other day I made the gun barrels much thicker, the inside part when you look at the front of the gun so it has a barrel. Anyway I reduced the inside wall diameter a lot to make it real thick like the 20mm Cannon below them, but the whitish artifacts stayed there exactly the same.. no difference at all. So this morning I made four copies of the 20mm Cannon in the middle and moved them to the machine gun spots and resized them to the same size and the machine guns and everything is fine now. The whitish artifacts are completely gone. I really hate dumb little problems that take so long to fix. I should have made copies the first time and been done with it. But I wanted to know what the problem was so I wanted to fix it. Anyway the problem is fixed now. Thank goodness.

I've been working on the color scheme and will post some pictures of it later it's got some D-Day stripes now and looks more the part. Doug told me he's nearly done with his color scheme too. So I guess this plane will happen after all.

~snip~ *Photos of engine detail/etc* ~snip~

Now THIS is RealFlight modelling. Back to the R/C Simulator oriented modelling.
cool.gif
Me likey.

Here's three shots of my new color scheme I'll be using it for the release.

Attachments

• P-38L Lightning 33.jpg
    P-38L Lightning 33.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 14
  • P-38L Lightning 34.jpg
    P-38L Lightning 34.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 14
  • P-38L Lightning 37.jpg
    P-38L Lightning 37.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 14
Waiting patiently ....

I seemed to lost my alpha channel somehow ... but I never checked it in the last care package you uploaded, before the thread vanished ...

Your CS with Invasion stripes is look'n good ...

Attachments

• P-38L.jpg
    P-38L.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 16
Waiting patiently ....

I seemed to lost my alpha channel somehow ... but I never checked it in the last care package you uploaded, before the thread vanished ...

Your CS with Invasion stripes is look'n good ...

Thanks I'm glad you like the new CS it fits the P-38 much better than my old one.

When I added the new engine there was a significant change to the map. The big change was the intake on each boom below the cowl became much larger to house the engine so they became engine bays instead of intake openings. So they were too large to stay where they were so I moved them to the same location as the engine parts, so you need a new set of CS files for the new plane. But I haven't uploaded a new beta because of what was said when I decided to delete the build threads. I wasn't planning to start a screen shot thread but several people ask me quite earnestly not to go so I decided to start a screen shot thread to share what I was doing. The mapping changed a 'tiny bit' agin when I created the new CS. There were a few places that needed very minor touch-ups to align the D-Day stripes, but not enough to force a change to the CS mapping files, they were very minor one pixel movements to align an edge better. But if you had something there it would have moved over a 'tiny bit'.

When I decided to delete the build threads I also decided to go a different direction with the plane so I'm taking some time to rethink a few things. So I'm not sure I'm finished with the plane I may still add something, but I won't say what it is yet because I'm not sure I'll do it. BUT.. If I do it it WILL NOT change any of the existing mapping it will be totally new parts added to the map which I doubt would ever change after they were painted the first time.

Ha.. So now the screen shot thread has expanded more than I intended. But I guess that's okay if you guys still want me here.

OPPs.. I almost forgot, your CS looks great.

It's great to see you're still here I'm looking forward to the P-38's release. I really like those engines in there.

Back