Textures

FlyCrazy

I did it. I was able to import my first object into Real Flight from 3DStudio. The one problem I encountered is that Real Flight need to find the texture file and expects it in the same location as it exists on the animation computer. I of course thought it would be part of the kex file. So I used a flash drive to give my RF computer a G: drive and recreated the folder system. But this is a temporary fix.

My questions: is there a way to save the textures with the kex files ?

once the textures are loaded into RF, will I need to maintain the folder the images were in when I imported the kex into RF ? Or will RF save them in its own folders ?

or do I need to go back and change the location of the textures when I apply them in 3DStudio and then re-export the kex's ?

Well then, never mind. I figured it out for myself. We do not need to maintain a folder with the textures. Somehow RF saves the images.

As long as the texture is in the same folder as the kex when you import it you will be fine.If you ever want to export your creation for others the exporter will automatically save a copy of the texture inside the RFX file.

Back