Thanks From Iraq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Barr

First of I live and work in Iraq, I have been here for 5 years, working for the U.S.Army. When I am home I live in Texas. I wanted to tell everyone from the designers, to the people that spend their time designing and working on the planes put in the swap pages thank you. I am a Heavy Equipment operator over here, and at home. My day consists of getting up at around 0530 to go to work, work till lunch get a break for lunch of about 30 minutes and back to work till about 1830-1900. Going back to my Hooch,(Where I live) and flying my sim till about 2030 mabey 2100 and going to bed. This is 12 hours a day 7 days a week. Some nights I get woken up to go clean up hazmat spills. I do get to fly my B-400 when the wind isnt blowing and we are not to busy.
The main thing that I wanted to say was thank you. THe Sim time I get really means alot, it is "away" time if you know what I mean. Thank you for all your time and effort that you put into this. I have the only R/C sim on base. When we have a get together I usually take my computer, and controller with me. It is a really big hit with the soldiers. They love it and they love the selection of planes that I have. When they look thru the library, and see everything from an F106 to the Corsair and the DC-3 they are amazed. I have a plane for everyone. Most try the helis once or twice. The "REAL" helicopter pilots are the fun ones to watch when they try to fly the R/c Heli's. Again I just wanted to say thank you and that your work and time is really appreciated.

You Get the Thanks

Just wanted to double and triple the message of how much we appreciate all of you guys over there.

Thanks for being there for us ....

Ignore the results of the November elections. That in no way reflects the way most Americans feel about your service. Pass on our collective thanks to you and all your military friends for being there for us and the millions of Iraquis you are gifting an opportunity for democracy for the first time. God bless you all, and please come home soon if that's in the cards. We need you here as well. Homeland defense is rising in importance to us all as we begin to experience the promised CHANGE.

I'm closing this thread in anticipation of a completely off-topic political debate.

Thank you for your service, Robert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back