The B-1B Lancer

Maj. Numbskully said:
Put it up?
Why would we want to do that?

You are intuitive..........
Matt and I have already discussed that this model , when finished will only be given to a few people as Christmas Presents and will not be for general consumption at the swap page

(we're still making that list and checking it twice)

For the rest of you we were thinking..............Maybe we'll make a nice recording or take some screen shots
and maybe we'll commission Dr. Moo to model a special B-1 to go with them

That way It'll kinda be like Aunt Edna's Christmas card with $2 in it ..........
thoughtful , yet not too much to make you feel embarrassed that you didn't get us anything :D

I'm starting on it now :D

@ eelleeccttrriic

I'm in TX.

But to keep this on topic, I'll see if I can get Matt's permission to "model" a "super detailed" B-1B that will be as detailed as the MXS-R! With the actual flight physics of the B-1B. If he says yes you can fly my super-detailed B-1B for now, till the real one is released.

But I'm betting that it will be a No. :p

@ Cowpig

We're still working out things with the B-1. it will take as long as it takes.

My MXS-R? well yeah. You saw how detailed that was? That was a 3 Hour job for the entire plane. That was with breaks for food, and Lessons on how to map by mwilson914.

The Model, Physics, and Color Scheme. 3Hours. You see whatcha get.

Matt can put it on the swaps tomorrow OR he can put it on the swaps when G6.5 comes out in about what? 2 Years?

You aren't paying him for it, and he doesn't owe it to ANY of us. This is something he is doing for free, in his free time.

When all of the details are finished, and everything is how he wants it, THEN it will be on the swaps.

Sorry-maybe I worded it bad. What I kind of meant was 'You're still packing all kinds of things into this? There's still room for all these additions!?'.

You guys are all too funny. LOL. First thing I did this morning was wake up grab my phone to check the forums and I was in hysterics about Maj.'s comments. The real reason it is taking so long to model is to upset csgill75. The B1 is quite complete and I have three versions that look all the same. One doesn't do anything with weapons at all and it is as lean on objects as I could mak it. It fires rockets like bombs, but other than that it is lean for better FPS and stability. The other two versions drop bombs and JSOWs (Joint Stand Off Weapons) and they work as advertised. I can launch the JSOWs, turn around and land then go into my camera views on the weapons and watch them fall for tye next 15 minutes at 140 mph. Yes, they glide at 140mph!

mwilson914 said:
I can launch the JSOWs, turn around and land then go into my camera views on the weapons and watch them fall for tye next 15 minutes at 140 mph. Yes, they glide at 140mph!
THAT IS FREAKING AWESOME :eek: ......talk about putt'in a fire under my but to get G5

No rush maj. No rush. :)

I just sent you the latest version. There is a new spot on the .tga for the square part of the rotational bomb dispensers. It's at the top right of the .tga by the vertical stab. This .tga mapping layout applies to ALL versions of the B1. The JSOW is not mapped FYI. I will map it and color it myself when the time comes. It's all white with to black stripes. How can I mess that up?

You guys are really capturing this airplane wonderfully! :D

I used to live close to Barksdale AFB where some of these fly out of. Whenever one would appear in the sky, usually everyone around would stop and watch. The plane has such a commanding presence in the sky! Great choice, and great work! The cruise missiles are super innovative!

Best of luck with your design.

Careful not to get burned.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1289275704.jpg
    ScreenShot1289275704.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 24
  • ScreenShot1289276595.jpg
    ScreenShot1289276595.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I just broke my record of distance traveled viewed from my AGM-154 camera. 205,043 feet away from the airport dropped from 30,000 feet AGL above the airport.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1289278697.jpg
    ScreenShot1289278697.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 21
Mikeymike21 said:
Looks good, Matt will you try a version with my afterburner idea posted before?

I really can't do any additional moveable pods or anything like that on the B-1. It is touchy as-is and becomes unstable with more additions.

Cowpig said:
WHOOPS. :rolleyes: Very nice! I guess I should have expected that...

About the nav lights. The last couple of shots I posted with the lit up engines, the nav lights really aren't visible at all. The white light on the tail flashes, so each screenshot is during the off cycle. The other lights are all visible from the front and side views.

I've been also trying to find more photos showing lights at night on the real B-1. I want to try to get all exterior lights accounted for.

Thinking about what to upload....

I stated recently that I have three versions of the B-1B to upload to the swaps. This comment along with descriptions is on the previous page of this thread I believe. I'm thinking of just going with the version I've been working on the past couple of days with the AGM-154 JSOW. I have the best frame rate with it, the UVW mapping has been adjusted on just this version, and it's just more stable than everything else and a lot of fun being able to sit for 10 or 15 minutes watching the JSOW glide back to the simulated earth. :)

I do want to upload the version with the original bombs rotating around the dispenser. This version, however, is demanding on the system and bogs things down. It's cool to watch all the bombs fall out, but at the expense of performance, I'm just not sure it's worth it. I may upload it anyway as it was quite a bit of work to just throw away. It also looks really cool looking up inside the bomb bays. The physics can even be removed from all the individual bombs and it at least looks really cool.

I won't be uploading the wing gloves version. It's just not enough of a feature to visually notice. Cool maybe, but it takes up a fair amount of polys to open and close 10 degrees of motion. Whoo hoooo! It's not exciting enough for me.

B-1 Sneak Peek

Just a few to show progress is being made , started on the weathering today :D
no _s or _n tga yet

Attachments

• ScreenShot1289691719.jpg
    ScreenShot1289691719.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 27
  • ScreenShot1289681192.jpg
    ScreenShot1289681192.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 23
  • ScreenShot1289691189.jpg
    ScreenShot1289691189.jpg