The Boot facter

Maj. Numbskully said:

"More Multiplayer Options
There's more "new” to G4.5's Multiplayer feature than just faster, easier connections. Now you can block out other users if desired. Or add your own computer microphone and chat "live” with other pilots, just like at the flying field!"

LOL
Sorry KE I just couldn't Resist...... Hopefully ONE day ALL of theses things WILL be TRUE !!!

2 to 1 that refers to the ability to ignore a specific user making them invisible to you.

Maj. Numbskully said:
There IS a BIG difference between BLOCK and IGNORE
That was funny jeff!

Yes, from the mindset of banning someone there is a big difference between ignoring and "blocking" or barring entrance.

However, block can also mean to to obscure or hide which is what happens when you ignore a user in 4.5. i.e. you have blocked them from your view by ignoring them.

Something tells me KE has a copy of Microsoft's 'Developers Thesaurus - Desk Reference Edition' lying around.

No one wants teach any more...

This hobby is too expensive. If we can get more people into it, then the prices for everything will come down.
I think we should not exclude people... If we can help it.

blueflame95050 said:
This hobby is too expensive. If we can get more people into it, then the prices for everything will come down.

Nobody is talking about something that would keep them out of the hobby, just out of a session. Especially if they're letting their assets show and ruining the experience for everyone else. Besides, if a host decides to host a session it should be his discretion as to who he does or does not allow to be there.

Yea, I think that blueflame didn't quite get the point. Also this hobby if done the right way is cheaper than ever....

The reasons some here would want to block/ignore is for flying with smoke for the express purpose of not letting anyone else see their airplanes, or blocking the view by flying so close in a vertical hover that the sky is blocked. There are other obnoxious behaviors that annoy the session participants. If you want to fly and ask questions in an on-line session, we are glad to have you. If you want a private lesson, I am sure that I or many others would cooperate and make a session for you. It is not a matter of excluding someone unless they demonstrate a reason to be excluded. Yes you are exactly correct, we need more fliers. If everyone brought one or two guys out to the field with them. In time we could increase our numbers and the costs would likely --- remain the same.... oh bring Keynes into this.

blueflame95050 said:

Back