The Citabria Aerobatic Pro Thread

what I have been doing to cause me some grief ...

But it's something ... At the rate I am going ... next year I may have something that makes more sense ...

Attachments

• Citabria_Pro_56in_cleanup.jpg
    Citabria_Pro_56in_cleanup.jpg
    474.7 KB · Views: 30
Just something more I have found in my continuous search of this one of a kind Aircraft ...

http://mail.westmont.edu/pipermail/aeronca/2002-May/009740.html

--part1_98.255d04f9.2a0601db_boundary
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

In a message dated 5/4/02 10:37:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
fisbell@comcast.net writes:

> Enclosed is a picture. I believe the factory built this plane in the early
> seventies and also I think it was built using a Decathlon wing.
>

Just passing this along, looks as though it is still around
and it was an 8 series. Experimental Exhibition, hummm

: N5143T
Aircraft Serial Number : 1
Aircraft Manufacturer : CHAMPION
Model : http://www8.landings.com/cgi-bin/nph-search_ac?pass=45273846&pattern1=2110612&fld_nr1=0
Engine Manufacturer : LYCOMING
Model : http://www8.landings.com/cgi-bin/nph-search_eng?pass=45273846&pattern1=41515&fld_nr1=0
Aircraft Year : 1968
Owner Name : SHERMAN MARK
Owner Address : 4515 LINDELL BLVDSAINT LOUIS, MO, 63108-2054
Registration Date : 13-May-1998
Airworthiness Certificate Type : Experimental
Approved Operations : Exhibition

Side note: a second version was made in 1970 which was fitted with a 2 seat and a smaller engine.

Originally, registered with as a Champion 8KCAB, the conflict comes into play as when Bellanca bought out Champion and the scrapped the Citabria Pro for the enclosed Cab version known as the Decathlon. Both Champion and Bellanca built this and used the 8KCAB designation. It was then said the "Pro" was under the 9KCAB designation.

However, Trying to make heads or tails of this is still a mystery that will be marred in confusion.

For now, I am going to stick with the FAA registration data, found under the N5143T tail number research.

Also for a bit of more mysterious trivia, the second, 1970 build of the Citabria Pro: "N5143T" was a "Blue and White" paint scheme.

I have tried over the years to get into contact with "Mark Sherman", the last registered owner of the N-Number. But never was successful. I finally gave up.

Last edited:
Not much progress to show but it's progress. The basic model is about complete, I just need to fine tune everything. Once I get all the fine tuning done I'll start adding some smaller details.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 12
Not much progress to show but it's progress. The basic model is about complete, I just need to fine tune everything. Once I get all the fine tuning done I'll start adding some smaller details.

Don't ask me ... I will only say ... go the distance ...
moving rudder pedals, moving stick, Pilot, flashing nav lights ... :D

You know ... the works ... LOL

But then, I am really happy it is looking this great .... so go as far as you want ...

I wont spare a trick, time I get it in the paint booth ....
:cool:

Somebody say something about wires?
well it's close ... I know, I know ... you are just in the early placement phase ... ;)
create 1st, then adjust ... :D

But ... WOW ....

coming along nicely

Attachments

• 20180122_095241.jpg
    20180122_095241.jpg
    514.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 20180122_095338.jpg
    20180122_095338.jpg
    355.6 KB · Views: 18
Somebody say something about wires?

Looking at your pic. Andy., I`d say that the wires look fantastic, and going by DDawgs pics., placement on the hor. stab. is the only adjustment needed. IMHO. ???

Last edited:
It's hard to tell from the picture he posted, but I think it looks good just the same, and I have total faith in what the final product will turn out like.

I am really excited thus far ...

It's hard to tell from the picture he posted, but I think it looks good just the same, and I have total faith in what the final product will turn out like.

I am really excited thus far ...
Couldn`t agree more DDawg, I think you said it best, when you said, and I quote "If it`s close, it`s good enough for me".;)

well it's close ... I know, I know ... you are just in the early placement phase ... ;)
create 1st, then adjust ... :D

But ... WOW ....

coming along nicely

Yeah, since the rudder and elevators aren't cut out yet it's a little hard to place them correctly just yet, but I need to round the edges of the stabs first Cutting control surfaces is probably my next step so I'll line them up then.

Managed to find a little time to cut out the tail controls and play with the wing a little. Ddawg, what say you? you want the wings with ribs modeled in or smooth? Keep in mind, this view looks a little drastic, but it's subtle enough that I can't get them to render (even with smoothing groups set) so they must not be too drastic.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 15
  • ScreenShot017.jpg
    ScreenShot017.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 21
Back