The G4 page is up!

I was just watching the little video on the right side of the page with the Cub taking off and flying over the pirate ship ... All I can say is AWESOME!!!

The plane bounces along the waves in the water, sends spray back and ... I'm just amazed.

My hat's off to the staff at KnifeEdge!

I'm eating my hat filled with crow for ever doubting that G4 was anything less than Jim has told us.

Last edited:
I second that I have been flying off of RF since i was 4. This is the simulator I learned to fly off of. Thank you Knifeedge team for this awsome series :)

Johndou, have you seen any other videos of G4 flying on the net? I haven't been able to score anything on youtube or anywhere else...

Charles

I really like the looks of the Super Sportster on floats! Much more than the Sportster with landing gear...weird. It just calls to me, for some reason!

Possibly because it's reminiscent of the old float monoplane racers of yesteryear.

I'm glad to see water on G4, I've wanted to have sim time, so I don't send my Cub to Davey's Locker... :D

Now, when G4 gets here, I may get some float time in, before I take this to Loch Lomond and give it a go:

Attachments

• Hangar9_J-3_Cub_1.jpg
    Hangar9_J-3_Cub_1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
r1derbike said:
Johndou, have you seen any other videos of G4 flying on the net? I haven't been able to score anything on youtube or anywhere else...

Charles
Nope ... haven't seen anything. Except the video that redherring posted on G4 first Imopressions ... the one that caused Sammy to be booted ...

Looking at the screen rates that a lot of people are getting with graphics turned up and then looking at the little video on RealFlight's site ... well ... I've also noticed that two of the threads on Jim's other site (RCGroups) pertaining to G4 have been removed. ... well, makes me wonder if ... well, if something or someone isn't being totally ... well, "upfront". <?>

Well...I'll know shortly what sort of parameter fiddling will yield acceptable frame rates on the water fields, at least with my system.

I don't like anything less than 60 fps, and prefer a heck of a lot more.

After tweaking on G3.5, I'm getting into the 300 fps range (photofields) with all on high, except shadows (medium), and AF and AA both set to 4. 3D fields are approximately half that.

Charles

What is the ( and AF and AA ) :confused:
thanks,
Jeff

Also- I am not understanding something here,, by no means
is my system a duel core and my frame rates are much higher
than what folks are posting.. why is that?

Photo is about 130
Reg is about 60-70 .
most setting from right out of the box some set to highest

Last edited:
Now those settings are in the G4 ? Or the Video Card? (AA & AF)
Thanks For bearing with me..
Jeff

AF, AA settings.

Those settings are usually controlled in your video card software. In my case, the nVidia control panel. I've got an 8800 GTS 640 OC'd.

I may assign parameters for each game/sim I have, in that panel.

Charles

They are not really needed.

You can set a custom profile for Realflight in the Nvidia control panel that only get applied when you launch G3/G4.

This works great.

Agreed, Op. That software flexibility for my 8800 gts 640 is one reason I went with nVidia, among others!

Charles

0xdeadbeef said:
Please don't tell me that G4 still has no settings for AA and AF!

I think that most cards do a very good job of exposing these options to their customers. I don't see a lot of modern games with such options. It used to be more common.

Jim

Back