Tommy Meyers Little Toot " Lil Toot"

Junkboy999

Tommy Meyers Little Toot " Lil Toot"

Well I picked my Winter RC project. I bought this at an Auction at the begin of the year. After doing some digging around and found it was a Tommy Meyer's Little Toot " Lil TOOT " There not much info out there on this unless I want to buy the full scale Kit planes and booklets for $300.00. I don't not feel like build a full scale plane at this time. I have no plane to keep it.

I mocked up this G3,5 one in a hour just to see how it would look. Still need a better shot of the cowling. Hopefully I get both finished this winter. :D

Attachments

• TOOT-001.JPG
    TOOT-001.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 26
  • TOOT-002.JPG
    TOOT-002.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 17
  • Little-toot-03.jpg
    Little-toot-03.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Hehe, one of my long time buds has a full scale Little Toot. Tommy Meyers Jr. and he have put together three or four full scale Toots. Let me know what you are looking for and I will go see him.

Last edited:
I guess Meyer Jr does not like to get his hair messed up. The inclosed one in the picture above is his made over of his father plane.

Its like you read my mind, I saw a pic of one of these just yesterday and was wishing someone would make it for the swaps. Looks good so far.

Ya it been driving me crazy, Every time I go to my wood rack to get wood for some antique doors I'm rebuilding, I had to move this biplane out of the way. So as I flipping through the Nov issue of Model Aviation Mag, there on the page was an add for scale documentation and Boom Badda Bing. A small add and a picture of the " Lil Toot ". I have never seen this plane before so I looked it up. Great Now I know what model I bought for $35.00

I got a few more hours in to the model. Still only 6.2 k so far. I need to do a cockpit and detail the tail and map it.

If any one would like to play with it while I add the detail here it is. It can not be painted yet. But it is fling pretty good. I have not flow a biplane this big so I'm just guessing on the physics.

Enjoy

Attachments

• TOOT-003.JPG
    TOOT-003.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 26
  • L-toot_EA.G3X
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Ok

I did some more work on the Little Toot. Added a pilot and some more detail to the plane.

Attachments

• TOOT7.JPG
    TOOT7.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 8
  • TOOT8.JPG
    TOOT8.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 22
  • TOOT9.JPG
    TOOT9.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 19
Art work for the plane.

Humm

What do you guys and gals thing. Maybe some artwork for the side of the plane. I don't want to use the little toot tub boat or the Pop Eye toon figure like on some of the real aircraft. I might change the dog. Place his head on the ground and his paws over his head.

Attachments

• TOOT10.JPG
    TOOT10.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 31
ok

I'm just a bit over 10K polyes so more detail is planed.

I finished up the head set and borrowed a head of a model a friend loaned me. Still waiting to hear from him if he will allow me to use it in this manner. I maid my own just in case. I have him set up to move on all three axis While the control surfaces move.

Attachments

• TOOT11.JPG
    TOOT11.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 18
Back