Tractor 120

Hmmmmm ... didn't have a problem. Here's just a quick test with some on solid area and some on see through. I'm using Gimp 2 though. I'm sure technoid or one of these other better artists have the answer.

ScreenShot1602195210.jpg

Perhaps if you add them as another layer on top they wouldn't turn see through.

Yep. You have to put the stickers on a different layer from the one that has transparency or they will usually wind up semi-transparent. Most raster graphics editors like Photoshop and gimp will only associate 1 layer in the editor with transparency in the output file. You can fiddle with layer opacity to determine how the layers interact when they are flattened to a single layer, but only 1 layer will provide the transparency map.

Yep. You have to put the stickers on a different layer from the one that has transparency or they will usually wind up semi-transparent. Most raster graphics editors like Photoshop and gimp will only associate 1 layer in the editor with transparency in the output file. You can fiddle with layer opacity to determine how the layers interact when they are flattened to a single layer, but only 1 layer will provide the transparency map.
[/QUOTE
what he said

I finished the changes I wanted to make so here's a beta for you to play with. I haven't done the spec map yet I just filled the spec map with a solid color so some things will be shiny that shouldn't be, like the tires. But I'll add the spec map before I release the plane.

Things I still need to do.

1. Add the spec map.
2. Add the rib cages for the wing and aileron.
3. Reset the camera positions.

This should be the final mapping so if you want to create a color scheme it should work with the released version too. I need to add the rib cages for the wing and aileron but that's internal.

FLAPS: Channel 6 Knob
SMOKE: Channel 7
BRAKES: Up Elevator

View attachment 120827
Hi Technoid, here is a painting I did, I hope you like it! For the first BETA version of Tractor 120

Attachments

• Tractor 120 RED_CS.RFX
    5.2 MB · Views: 10
  • s.png
    s.png
    188.8 KB · Views: 16
  • ss.png
    ss.png
    205.9 KB · Views: 16
I added a mask on the alpha layer for Pedro's decals so they would be opaque and sent it back to him. I don't think he'll mind so I'll share a couple of pictures of the color scheme he's working on for the Tractor 120. This is the color scheme he has on his personal plane. He did a great job on it.

Tractor 120 66.jpgTractor 120 67.jpg

This morning I set the pivot points for the servos and finished the schematic so the servos are finished. I think they add a nice touch to an RC plane. I don't animate them but they look nice on the plane when you're looking at it in the editor. I need to give the plane a good look and see if I need to tweak anything but I think it's finished now. I still need to create a transparent color scheme to release at the same time I release the plane so you have both types. I need show off all that structure I created. Of course Pedro's color scheme does that great and he plans to release his when the plane is released too. I hope he's okay I haven't heard back from him yet on the fixed color scheme I sent him yesterday. I know he was excited to get it finished.

You always add the detail. Hope you don't mind if I darken the "windows" on mine. I like it better with smoked type glass but of course it's harder to see all that balsa work you did.

You always add the detail. Hope you don't mind if I darken the "windows" on mine. I like it better with smoked type glass but of course it's harder to see all that balsa work you did.
I agree the cutout areas in the transparent blue color scheme I did was definitely too light, darken away. The transparent color scheme I release with the plane will be darker, and maybe red instead of blue. Not sure.

I agree the cutout areas in the transparent blue color scheme I did was definitely too light, darken away. The transparent color scheme I release with the plane will be darker, and maybe red instead of blue. Not sure.

The CS I have done up for myself is red, has darkened windows, and the bottom is black.

Back