Tractor 120

I added a mask on the alpha layer for Pedro's decals so they would be opaque and sent it back to him. I don't think he'll mind so I'll share a couple of pictures of the color scheme he's working on for the Tractor 120. This is the color scheme he has on his personal plane. He did a great job on it.

View attachment 121003View attachment 121004
I Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the new color scheme nearly finished. I still need to add a mask on the alpha layer so the white stripes are opaque and a thin black stroke around the stripes, but the shape is finished so I'm taking a break. I also plan to darken the transparency a tiny bit more and increase the elevator travel just a bit.

Does anyone know of anything else that needs to be fixed?

Tractor 120 68.jpg

just a minor thing for me i think the engine and muffler needs to be a couple shades of gray darker than it is , it seems a little to white to me in RF but i'm still on RF8 . I put the flaps to .5 servo speed just my preference , like i said nothing major . really coming together nicely like usual technoid :) here is a CS im working on for the Tractor , let me know if its ok

Attachments

• Tractor 120 Red Yellow Blue CS.jpg
    Tractor 120 Red Yellow Blue CS.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
just a minor thing for me i think the engine and muffler needs to be a couple shades of gray darker than it is , it seems a little to white to me in RF but i'm still on RF8 . I put the flaps to .5 servo speed just my preference , like i said nothing major . really coming together nicely like usual technoid :) here is a CS im working on for the Tractor , let me know if its ok
Nice CS. Thanks for the input the engine seems a little light to me too so I'll take a look at that.

Last edited:
I think the color scheme is finished. I added a thin stroke around the stripes, made the transparent areas a little darker, and added a mask on the alpha layer to make all the stripes opaque. I also darkened the engine a little but you can't see it in the picture. I still haven't created the spec map so that's next. Then I can release it.

This may be the release CS in the beginning the guys at Flying Circus ask me if I would name it "Flying Circus Tractor 120" and if you go to their website this is the color scheme on it so it makes sense to release it with this color scheme. So I'll be renaming the plane before release.

Tractor 120 69.jpg

Well maybe someday I'll finally get finished. When I created the tail gear I cheated on the lever in the front where the springs attach and made it at a 90 degree angle but on the real plane the rod from the rudder goes through the fuselage and comes out at the same angle as the rudder so that lever is angled and quite a ways up from where I had it. I always planned to go back and make it look like the real plane but never took the time but this morning I decided I couldn't release it that way so I went back and fixed it. Here's a picture so you can see what I'm talking about. So another detail to make it more accurate to the real plane.

Tractor 120 71.jpg

Well maybe someday I'll finally get finished. When I created the tail gear I cheated on the lever in the front where the springs attach and made it at a 90 degree angle but on the real plane the rod from the rudder goes through the fuselage and comes out at the same angle as the rudder so that lever is angled and quite a ways up from where I had it. I always planned to go back and make it look like the real plane but never took the time but this morning I decided I couldn't release it that way so I went back and fixed it. Here's a picture so you can see what I'm talking about. So another detail to make it more accurate to the real plane.

View attachment 121042
Perfect ?

Back