Tractor 120

A bit late in the development cycle but this morning I found out the wing, aileron, and flap ribcages had the angle stripe problem. Looking at the wings in my transparent violet color scheme I could see the balsa grain didn't always follow the way I mapped it so I put some angle stripes on it and low and behold they had the angle stripe problem. So I did the export-import trick and they look right now. I guess I'll release the transparent violet color scheme because it really shows off the structure of the plane much better than the transparent blue color scheme. So if you want to see the structure of the plane grab that CS when I release the plane this Saturday.

A bit late in the development cycle but this morning I found out the wing, aileron, and flap ribcages had the angle stripe problem. Looking at the wings in my transparent violet color scheme I could see the balsa grain didn't always follow the way I mapped it so I put some angle stripes on it and low and behold they had the angle stripe problem. So I did the export-import trick and they look right now. I guess I'll release the transparent violet color scheme because it really shows off the structure of the plane much better than the transparent blue color scheme. So if you want to see the structure of the plane grab that CS when I release the plane this Saturday.
excellent ! for sure that CS needs to be included like you said to show off the structure

When Flying Circus, the manufacturer in Brazil, sent me the Tractor 120 drawing they ask me if I would give it the full name (Flying Circus Tractor 120) when I released it so I told them I would. So this morning I changed the name and did one more late change. I went ahead and added a switch just below the left window for the receiver battery it just didn't seem right to not have a switch. Of course now I need to update the other color schemes I've done and add the switch but it needed to be there. So maybe it's finally finished.

When Flying Circus, the manufacturer in Brazil, sent me the Tractor 120 drawing they ask me if I would give it the full name (Flying Circus Tractor 120) when I released it so I told them I would. So this morning I changed the name and did one more late change. I went ahead and added a switch just below the left window for the receiver battery it just didn't seem right to not have a switch. Of course now I need to update the other color schemes I've done and add the switch but it needed to be there. So maybe it's finally finished.
got to love this build and nice to have the manufacture involved like that technoid

I did the final tweaks this morning so the Tractor 120 is ready for release tomorrow. I changed the color scheme to the red and white color scheme that's on the the Tractor 120 webpage and will release the green and white and transparent violet color schemes separately. I'm not sure if I'll release all the color schemes on release day I might spread them out a little to bring the plane back in focus so to speak.

Ugh.. Today's grocery shopping day so I'm off with my mask and gloves.

Thanks for another great one. I made sure to get my AP upload in before you posted this.

We just had our groceries delivered as you know we don't shop these days. We got four half gallons of Breyer's All Natural Vanilla Bean free as they screwed up (Ordered 4 and got 8). Anyone for ice cream today ?

Thanks for another great one. I made sure to get my AP upload in before you posted this.

We just had our groceries delivered as you know we don't shop these days. We got four half gallons of Breyer's All Natural Vanilla Bean free as they screwed up (Ordered 4 and got 8). Anyone for ice cream today ?
Yeah I noticed your CS when I went to the swap pages.. good thinking. <grin>

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream.

Doug just let me know he had problems installing the Flying Circus Tractor 120 and the Tractor 120 Transparent Violet color scheme until he "removed all files" for the beta. I think that's probably expected because the released plane requires the files to be for the new name. So just delete the 5 Tractor 120 Transparent Violet color scheme files and then import the new released CS. I had to do that here too. It's all because of the name change new installs won't have that problem.

If you open the old Tractor 120 Transparent Voilet.colorscheme file with Notepad you'll see it has a "BaseVehicle" which ties it to a specific plane. That's why the old beta CS won't work with the released plane. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
I did some more testing here and if you installed the BETA Tractor 120 and any of the BETA color schemes you must re-install the released color schemes and choose the “Overwrite the old file” radio button and select the “Apply to All Files” check box before you install them. This is because of the name change the Old Beta Color Schemes are Tied to the Old Name. That will rewrite the '.colorscheme' file with the new name so the color scheme will be tied to the released plane and be removed from the beta plane. I tried it here and it worked for me. I'm sorry about the name change but I needed to change it for the nice folks at Flying Circus so their plane would have it's full name. Betas sometimes cause problems in the end.

Not heard from you in a while on here. I've got things to release too but have been saying "Nope" because of all the stuff flooding swaps lately.
I'm taking a break from modeling maybe 2 or 3 weeks, or possibly more. Then hopefully I'll gain back some interest in modeling again. But for now it's been nice just piddling around with the computer. But I still check in.

Back