Transfer aircraft settings to new computer?

Boone 870

I just purchased a new laptop and I'm going to install 8 and 7.5, the same as my old laptop. I would like to avoid having to go through and download all the airfields and airplanes that I'm running on my old laptop. More importantly, I'd like to avoid having to go through and set all the dual rates and expo on each plane individually.

Do I just transfer the Realflight 7.5 and Realflight 8 folders from the old laptop to the new laptop before I install the simulators on the new computer to keep all of the old settings?

Seems like it should work. But keep in mind that there are RF files stored in multiple locations for each version of RF - some under Program Files (X86) & others in your documents.

Do I just transfer the Realflight 7.5 and Realflight 8 folders from the old laptop to the new laptop before I install the simulators on the new computer to keep all of the old settings?

Yes and no tranfering the folders will work, but the user directory on the computer will need to have the same name.

If realflight is installed on the new PC, then all That really needs to be done is copy the contents of the RF files in the documents folder from one PC to the other.

Thanks for the tips, everyone. I will give it a try on Monday, I can't get the simulator to activate because I can't find my activation code. I'll have to wait for Horizon to help me out with that.

ETA: got the activation key figured out and everything works perfectly. The flying fields, airplanes and all of the aircraft settings are just like on the other computer. All I did was copy the RF8 folder on the old computer and pasted it into the documents folder on the new computer before downloading the simulator. Thanks again everyone.

Last edited:
Back