Transferring Real Flight 95 Swap Planes into Evolution

soursteven

Hi guys, Very new to the forum, and hope I am posting in the right place. I cant help but notice that there are over 1000 created planes for Real Flight 9.5, but only a couple of hundred for "Real Flight Evolution" It would seem to me (a complete Newb), that there must be a way to simply convert the 9.5 models into the "Evolution" format! Am I crazy or just a wild dreamer? And if this is possible, can someone explain the process to me. Thanks!

No conversion is necessary. Just import them. That's true for aircraft designed for any recent version of RF. By recent, I mean later than RF5, I think it is. I think that was about the last big change to the flight physics.

No conversion is necessary. Just import them. That's true for aircraft designed for any recent version of RF. By recent, I mean later than RF5, I think it is. I think that was about the last big change to the flight physics.
And more often than not, even earlier versions work. As Bill noted, there was a change to the physics back in the day, so worst case is that you have to edit the plane in the aircraft editor to make it fly right (or just better). The hard part is figuring out what to change....but nothing bad happens if you try one and it doesn't fly right....

the physics change are documented here

Back