Trouble Downloading online Expansion Packs

ven2s

I am using Windows 7 and followed the directions to download expansion packs 3,4,&5. After following the online directions and trying numerous times it either unzips into my data but doesnt show up in my RF 6.5, or I get, "Could not create the file\\?\C:\ C:\Program Files (x86)\RealFlightG6\Data\RFAOV3_G4.dck:" Any suggestions??

You are mistaken.

There is - NO - download of Expansion Packs available.

You must purchase the CDs.

Q. WHERE DO I OBTAIN FREE ADD-ONS?
A. If you have G4 or G4.5, you can obtain all of the Add-Ons for free.
http://realflight.com/free-g4-add-ons.html

The above from the RealFlight FAQ stickie. However the link doesn't work. Looks like they might have been removed.

As for where they go you have it right except it's C:\Program Files (x86)\RealFlight6\Data\ not RealflightG6 (unless you changed the default location for RealFlight)

Regards
Michael

Last edited:
Yes, make sure you understand the difference between the older Add-Ons packs and the newer Expansion Packs. We repacked the old Add-Ons and released them for free to G4+ users. If you install them expecting to see the same-numbered Expansion Packs, you will be disappointed.

I'm not sure what utility you're using to uncompress those files, but as theluthier pointed out, the path you're using is likely subtly incorrect. I'll bet if you fix that, it will all work as intended.

Here is the current URL for the free Add-Ons.

Add ons problem continues....

The above from the RealFlight FAQ stickie. However the link doesn't work. Looks like they might have been removed.

As for where they go you have it right except it's C:\Program Files (x86)\RealFlight6\Data\ not RealflightG6 (unless you changed the default location for RealFlight)

Regards
Michael

You All are correct it is expansion packs, and Luthier, it is the above pathaway as you stated except when I use jZip to extract the file I get an error message:

jZip could not create the file "\\?\C:\Program Files(x86)\RealFlight6\RFAOV1_G4.dck'. Please try again.

What am I doing wrong??

Last edited:
Ah yes the new "Windows" security.

You CAN NOT directly unzip files to anything within an O.S. subfolder in Windows.

You must use an intermediate step...

Create a NEW folder in your "My Documents" or "Downloads" folder.

Unzip the files to there FIRST.

Now once unzipped, MOVE the files to the correct Realflight folder and all will be good.

Whala!!!

Ah yes the new "Windows" security.

You CAN NOT directly unzip files to anything within an O.S. subfolder in Windows.

You must use an intermediate step...

Create a NEW folder in your "My Documents" or "Downloads" folder.

Unzip the files to there FIRST.

Now once unzipped, MOVE the files to the correct Realflight folder and all will be good.

Thanks, Bro., that did the trick!!

Back