Trouble with online registration

maico996

Hi,
Just installed G5 and now I'm trying to complete the online registration through the Online Updating menu. I click on the "Online Registration" button and enter all the required information. When I click the "Send Information" button I get the following error message:

KEError 12243: We received an HTTP error code.
Here are the headers:

HTTP/1.1 502 Gateway Error
server: Microsoft-IIS/5.1
content-length: 432
content-type: text/html
date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 05:16:34 GMT

After I click the "OK" button I get another error message:

KEError 21023: Unable to register: Client/Server transaction failed

After I click the "OK" button I get sent back to the Online Updating menu.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone have a solution?

Thanks!
Scott

yep i have same issue w/registration and updating

Hey guys, im a long time Flight Simulator (FSX lately and the good addons), that is learning to fly RC planes via the sim. I managed to get my trasmitter number entereed, serial, etc, so i can play the full game.

Cept i CANNOT register, same exact issue as gentleman above me there.

Thus, i cannot do an update check due to needing to complete the registration.

I am running Windows 7, but on a very high end system, far past recommended reqs.

I dont seem to have issues w/the flying etc, just wont hookup w/the registration server, i even tried turning off firewalls and anti virus, same issue. :confused:

ALRIGHT DEVS!!! help us out here guys lol, i dont think i can even play mulitplayer till i get a solution, and that aint right after paying 200 cash for sim etc.

litplayer till this has a workaround or fix.' :D Il sing your praises to my non simmer fps friends lol....or something!

I am almost wondering if shoulda got Pheonix now, but i bet this is a easy fix, but i cant even use the patch proggie, is there a link to the updates to do manually?

THanks, God Bless our Troops :cool:

Mike aka lantantos
US Navy Kuwait/Panama responder, Purple Heart Recipient
Hon Discharged-Sea, Air, and Land Operator (SEALS)

The G5 registration server crashed last night and was down until this morning. Your errors were almost certainly due to that fact.

If you try again now it should work.

Ryan Douglas said:
The G5 registration server crashed last night and was down until this morning. Your errors were almost certainly due to that fact.

If you try again now it should work.

Thanks! It worked. :)

rgr that, its working now, still having a hard time finding mulitplayer server list, just says connecting but at lesat i could update etc.

Thanks for the Assitance, see u in the skies once i learn to fly in 3rd person lol, im great at FSX.

Mike aka lanthantos on here.

lanthantos said:
still having a hard time finding mulitplayer server list, just says connecting
Can you clarify that? Or give some more detail? I've never heard of that error. It shouldn't just hang on a 'connecting' dialogue.

I'm having the same problem as the OP -- can't register online, exact same symptoms. Tried at least a dozen times so probably not an intermittent or server load thing. Tried two different networks at my end. Dec. 15 ~8:00pm EST.

I just checked the server after seeing your message and it was down again. I rebooted the whole server, and hopefully that will help. Please try again. I apologize for the inconvenience.

error in more detail

The connection to mulitplayer modes is not working for me.

I cant for one, retrive a server list at all, just says connecting.

Runing in background:

Hardly anything, cept Vipre antivirus, i even tried DISABLING windows firewall and that virus proggie as well, still same result

ERROR MSG (this is not exact but gives u an idea) CANNOT CONNECT TO NEWORK (ETC) IF YOU ARE RUNNING A FIREWALL PLEASE OPEN PORTS 61214-61241 (not the exact ports_

I think its not me, my router has never had issues on my xbox, PC etc as i have a linksys gaming router, and ive even tried going direct to PC with same problem.

Any ideas? i can call tech supp againi but would like to try it.

You need to browse through this sticky:
https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=24361
Then start a thread with screenshots of your setup if you want help from the forums.

lanthantos said:
The connection to mulitplayer modes is not working for me.

I cant for one, retrive a server list at all, just says connecting.

Runing in background:

Hardly anything, cept Vipre antivirus, i even tried DISABLING windows firewall and that virus proggie as well, still same result

ERROR MSG (this is not exact but gives u an idea) CANNOT CONNECT TO NEWORK (ETC) IF YOU ARE RUNNING A FIREWALL PLEASE OPEN PORTS 61214-61241 (not the exact ports_

I think its not me, my router has never had issues on my xbox, PC etc as i have a linksys gaming router, and ive even tried going direct to PC with same problem.

Any ideas? i can call tech supp againi but would like to try it.

Got it working yay!

Thanks for that lnk, i have a linksys router and the pics helped.

It was a matter of opening the ports on the router afterall.

See ya online guys!

Dear Real Flight, I can't register my Real Flight G5 upgrade because if I try to register with all data requested appears an error message:
KEError 12243 Gateway Error
Server Microsoft -115/5.1
Content-length: 432
Content-type: text/htm

after appears: Error 3103 impossible registration.

How can I do to register the product?
If I don't register it I can't update the product, it run but I can't update it!!!!!
Best Regards

Dear Real Flight, I can't register my Real Flight G5 upgrade because if I try to register with all data requested appears an error message:
KEError 12243 Gateway Error
Server Microsoft -115/5.1
Content-length: 432
Content-type: text/htm

after appears: Error 3103 impossible registratio

How can I do to register the product?
If I don't register it I can't update the product, it run but I can't update it!!!!!
Best Regards

The registration server is likely down... wait for KE to get in and restart it. Probably 4 hrs from now... Figure about 10am US west coast time.

Another thing you need to know... this is a user's forum... not a direct line to Knife Edge... though they do read a lot of this stuff. If you need to contact them follow the link in the gray bar at the top of the web page.

You do not need to triple post... it will not get it resolved any sooner.

Last edited:
You can call tech support, they can do a manual registration for you over the phone.

Telephone Contact: 217-398-8970 (Option 1)
Telephone support is available Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM CST.

Thanks Chris McVey

Back