TTX610 Notchy Stick Fix

Tcopter

The Tactic TTX610 transmitter that came with my Realflight 7.5 never would hover a heli just right without the throttle/collective stick clicking into one of its undesired detents/notches in the ratchet mechanism and also felt way too tight. NOW IT'S PERFECT!

The Fix: Flip the ratchet band, adjust its tension and lube with silicone grease (any hardware store will have the 100% clear silicone faucet grease). *White Lithium grease can be substituted for silicone grease*

Open up the transmitter by removing the 4 large and 2 small screws on the back (will probably void warranty). Inside, on the throttle/collective gimbal you will find 2 small screws holding the metal ratchet band/plate on. Note: the screws through the metal band are NOT the same length. Do not mix the 2 band screws up, they must go back in their exact locations after you remove the metal band. Ok, now lets get on with it. :p Remove both metal band screws and the metal ratchet band. Flip the metal band over so that the v notched groove in the band is on the other side. Using a toothpick, put a small dab of pure 100% silicone faucet grease on the ratchet teeth of the gimbal that contacts the metal band (I put a small dab on the band also). DO NOT USE TOO MUCH SILICONE GREASE, A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY! Reinstall the metal ratchet band with it flipped over in its new orientation which will give it 2 contact points instead of the single contact point that it had in its factory orientation. Remember to put the 2 band screws back in their proper locations (mine has the longer screw in the bottom band hole).

To set the tension of the ratchet band:

Gently screw the top band screw all the way in, the bottom band screw will be used to set the actual tension. In small increments, gently screw the bottom band screw in while periodically testing the sticks up and down movement until a desired tension is achieved. For even less tension, gently unscrew the top band screw 1/4 turn or so. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THE SCREWS! Replace the cover (don't pinch any wires) and your done.

This fix will smoothen up the feel of the left stick considerably and will give far more precise control of the ratchet with twice as many clicks (in smaller increments). Enjoy :)

*MODERATOR, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO UPDATE/EDIT THIS POST OR RELOCATE IT AS NECESSARY*

Last edited:
Back