Turning OFF Smoke on Variant?

Salty Pilot

I just picked up Real Flight 9 and finally downloaded a model from Swap Pages and need some assistance from all you Sim Gurus! First, hope everyone is staying safe and staying home with Real Flight multiplayer sessions!

On to my question. I downloaded an aircraft and aircraft variant (Extreme Flight Extra 300). I finally found a model I don't have to tinker with the parameters and flies very close to the real scale. Problem is: The variant creator has the SMOKE on the entire time with no options to Turn the SMOKE OFF. I have spent a few hours already researching and seems I can not get around this. The Smoke is not on a toggle switch. I tried to turn it off through the aircraft parameter settings etc and still, the smoke remains ON. Again, the smoke is ON the entire time. I am using the stock RF transmitter and none of the switches or knobs will turn the smoke off. I may be missing something here and hope you all fine folks that are computer fancy can chime in. Thanks and stay safe everyone! I just want to turn the Smoke OFF!

You can always go into the editor and delete the smoke under the physics tab then save it back out. It will probably be tied to Fuselage - Engine.

You can always go into the editor and delete the smoke under the physics tab then save it back out. It will probably be tied to Fuselage - Engine.

Thanks for your reply BrokeDad. No success with your suggestions. There is no Smoke tied to the Engine components at all that I can see. I went through each parameter and can only locate a Smoke servo. Deleted that and that did not work. I have never seen this before. It's frustrating and puzzling lol. Thanks for your time and if you have any other ideas, I appreciate it!

Without looking but based on what you've said, what you're seeing might not be smoke from a discrete smoke component. It might be engine exhaust, which is controlled by motor parameters.

The Smoke has been put on switch G so if you don't have the new Interlink DX you can't turn it on or off. I'll make up a variant that has it on a switch the Interlink Elite uses if you want.

Try this. The smoke control should now be on the back right switch for the Interlink Elite. For the Interlink DX it is now on Switch A.

Attachments

• EFRC Extra 300 EXP 125'' V3 Elite_AV.RFX
    55.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back