Ufo

dhk79

Does anyone still have a copy of the old UFO that was released a long time ago for G3? It was a pretty cool setup for a flying saucer and had a Canadian flag on it. It was on the old swaps if I remember correctly.

I'd like to take a look. I'm particularly interested in the physics setup. While the saucer was cool, there wasn't much to the model but it was white other than the flag.

I found this on a old backup. This the one Doug?

It was called ( UFO Just For Fun)

Attachments

• ScreenShot1352832945.jpg
    ScreenShot1352832945.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Here ya go Doug. I knew that backup of almost every G3 planes etc would come in handy one day;)

Attachments

• UFO_Just_For_Fun_EA.G3X
    880.8 KB · Views: 19
That physics package has more bugs than a dog has fleas, but I couldn't remember how it was done. I have a project that I have in mind that could use a similar setup, but I hope to make it load without 30 or so warnings.

That physics package has more bugs than a dog has fleas, but I couldn't remember how it was done. I have a project that I have in mind that could use a similar setup, but I hope to make it load without 30 or so warnings.

How does it fly now in 6.5 compared to G3? Never had G3 so can't compare, but now it flies wobbly and errors showing indeed.

You trying to get a working 6.5 variant?

Flight in RF6 stinks in comparison to G3, which was stable at high speed. But I'm not working on an AV for this. All I really wanted was a close look at the physics, so that I could start over with another model but apply the concept to something correctly modeled and avoid the various warnings.

I don't think you can ever fix this one with just an AV, because needed component names are not in the 3D model. To remedy that you would need to have the original source model.

Flight in RF6 stinks in comparison to G3, which was stable at high speed. But I'm not working on an AV for this. All I really wanted was a close look at the physics, so that I could start over with another model but apply the concept to something correctly modeled and avoid the various warnings.

I don't think you can ever fix this one with just an AV, because needed component names are not in the 3D model. To remedy that you would need to have the original source model.

Looking forward to your variant dhk put some life into this old EA:)

dhk..
Dr moo made a very nice UFO for 4.0/4.5
He never posted it
I have a copy But was asked to not distribute it
PM Him and he may send you a copy

I have made Moo aware of this thread via Instant messenger since he rarely visits the forums anymore. I have the UFO too and if he give me permission to post it i will do so. It flies great in 6.5 and is very stable. It uses the Knob to control the hover similar to the way the harrier works. It takes off and lands vertically.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1352996228.jpg
    ScreenShot1352996228.jpg
    492.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Back