Ultimate Biplane H9 35

Thos are for the batteries. Instead of having wires flopping around the inside I brought the deans connector TO the batteries, the neat fromeco straps hold the excess wire of the batteries nicely.

Sigh!!!

ShortBus said:
So....Did ya get it? :D
Still standing by for price/availability (i.e. ordering) info from Hacker on the A200 motor, and from Hacker/Jeti on the MasterSpin 300 ESC. Since I'm still on vacation in Lincoln, Nebraska until Tuesday (3 April) and won't return to San Diego until then, it's almost easy to be patient ... but once I get home, anxiety will set in, and I'll start the awful bugging 'em to death phase of the project. I will be super upset if in the meantime, the sale price of the 46% Ultimate goes away, but I don't want to buy it without assurance I can electrify it.
Thanks for caring enough to ask ... I'll keep you posted as we progress. This one won't go away easily. I'm hooked! :rolleyes:

rjmanzuk said:
Still standing by for price/availability (i.e. ordering) info from Hacker on the A200

Hi again!

BTW: My EP-converted Wild Hare Extra300 is in the air since ast weekend with the Axi 5345-16 and 12S2P5000 made from 8 packs 3S1P Saehan2500...

Have a look at this:

Video (it was late evening but it looks like there has been enough light for the DSC):

http://web2.lvps80-86-91-66.webperoni.de/Wild_Hare_Extra300_EP_Ostermontag.wmv

(OK, i am truely not the Aerobatic expert; buti want to learn it with this plane - that's why i bought it )

A little Photo - Gallery from yesterday also:

http://web2.lvps80-86-91-66.webperoni.de/WH Extra300 EP.html

Best regards from Leipzig/ Germany de Frank

Ain't it awful???

ShortBus said:
So......You get it? :D
Here we are in the middle of May, and things haven't budged on the electrified H9 46% Ultimate TOC since March. :( Hacker still hasn't come through with an available A200, and Jeti hasn't come through with an available MasterSpin 300 ESC; and to add insult to irony, it looks now like the long-invisible Plettenberg 37/06 might become available in a couple of weeks, but their companion Future 40.160H ESC "is still in test". :rolleyes:
I'm in the "wait-n-see" mode, but not getting any younger.
By the way, since we last corresponded on the big beast, I picked up a couple much smaller airplanes (below) to keep my thumbs tuned, and to distract me from all the delays with Hacker, Jeti, Plettenberg, etc for the items I REALLY want to get. The UltraFly Ultimate is OK (and is my first foam airplane, so I am learning some new build processes and procedures); but the really WONDERFUL airplane is the Precision Aerobatics Katana MD! It can be seen at http://www.precisionaerobatics.com/p...px?prodID=1104 and if anyone gives you an opportunity to try one, do yourself a favor and do it. Best 3D bird I've seen so far in my short electric-R/C experience.
I'm jousting with Opjose on who can build the highest fidelity R/F G3 model in this forum, and both are currently on the swap pages here and available for your comments and critiques. ;) Op is highly likely to come out way ahead in that battle. He's really got the right stuff.
I'm hoping someone will build an EA for the Katana MD, too ... and it's rumored that aerofundan one of the (Aussie) Precision Aerobatics demo pilots from Panama, may be working on a G3 model of this great machine. :cool:

did anyone/everyone point out that even though it is electric, it will still make some loud noises? remember the vidio?
how dose this effect your choice of field?
i was going to post this some time back. but forgot. so just rememberd now. (If it was alredy mentioned, sorry. : )

I still hope this thing gets together.

I have the Second gen Katana Mini. Still in the box. was waiting till i get through my Tigermoth 3d and then my Ultrafly 300s. I realy should introduce it to my wife. It is in a shed at a friends house. Been To scared to bring it home :eek: .

Katana MD. I love it. looks fantastic (I want the an Orange one). they sent me an E-mail 2 days ago telling me about it. If only My wife was more understanding :)

NE way. I still gota get the Mini into the house. (I got the yellow one)

Got any vidio of the Ultimate or MD?

KMD vids

HX3D014 said:
Got any vidio of the Ultimate or MD?
I personally don't do videos. Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll attach a couple of *.wmv videos if you wish to see the demos (from JEFF07, for example). Or if that doesn't work for you let me know and I'll put them on YouTube.
Bob

Or, you can try this ...

rjmanzuk said:
I personally don't do videos. Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll attach a couple of *.wmv videos if you wish to see the demos (from JEFF07, for example). Or if that doesn't work for you let me know and I'll put them on YouTube.
Bob
In and of itself, this video is a great example of why I personally DON'T do videos. This young man has a gift ... he is ONE with his KMD! ;)
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7461148&postcount=1
enjoy ...
and hope that aerofundan comes through for us in this forum with his sim model of the Katana MD (that's Dan, the pilot in the video).

OK I see the first MD is on the swap pages. How he going with a Next variant.
personaly i think it is way to floaty. and SLOW. cant pull out of a hover... Would have given it a 7 but did not want to put bad # next to a Good plane. Sorry if this sounds rude, it is not ment to be and is just some honest feed back.. PS I realy wouldn't know anyway. as i have never flown either...

Look forward anyway..

Come on MADMAN you can do it :D

Back