Umx turbo timber

Jmcdonaldjmr

The umx turbo timber on my realflight 9.5 acts like it is super nose heavy, needs about 3/4 throttle to climb at all, any suggestions?

I have a similar problem in RF8 w/ InterLink-X. When I select the aircraft, I get an error that it can't find the BL180 motor, a default will be selected. And it noses over as soon as it appears on the runway. I'm guessing that whatever "default" motor it picks must weigh about 10 pounds.

I also have a problem with crow. The aircraft editor says it uses ch9, but it responds to the ch10 slider. When I move the slider, there's no proportional control. Either both ailerons deflect fully up, or fully down depending on the position of the right-hand slider. When the slider passes the center, the ailerons deflect fully in the other direction. There's no aileron neutral position.

Where can I find this engine? It's not in the engines directory with other custom engines.
umx.png

Last edited:
@Bill Stuntz I tested it in RF8, which you already said doesn't have that motor, but I looked in RF 9.5 and the motor was there. Bill the problem in RF8 was it picked a motor with a really light Battery, at least that's what happened for me when I tried it in RF8. To make the plane work for RF8 the designer would need to create a custom motor and use it then the motor would have been included in the planes EA. Or maybe the HH Addon had that motor too.

Question to OP. Did you change the motor or battery? The weight change would affect the CG.

E-flite BL-180 Outfunner.jpg

To make the plane work for RF8 the designer would need to create a custom motor and use it then the motor would have been included in the planes EA.
I was able to fix the nose-over problem by using the specs in your post & creating a properly named custom engine file. :D I was finally able to get it off the ground for the very first time. The best I had accomplished previously was to reset with full up elevator & full throttle - which caused it to stand on its nose & spin around. :eek:

@Bill Stuntz I tested it in RF8, which you already said doesn't have that motor, but I looked in RF 9.5 and the motor was there. Bill the problem in RF8 was it picked a motor with a really light Battery, at least that's what happened for me when I tried it in RF8. To make the plane work for RF8 the designer would need to create a custom motor and use it then the motor would have been included in the planes EA. Or maybe the HH Addon had that motor too.

Question to OP. Did you change the motor or battery? The weight change would affect the CG.

View attachment 128847
No, never touched anything, I did see where it says fuel tank full, which is odd for an electric plane lol. I have been flying the actual umx turbo timber and it is nothing like the simulator. I'm just a rookie trying to learn.

Mine shows Battery Remaining 250mAh in NavGuides. You might want to look at the NavGuide settings to see if there's a check mark for Battery Remaining under Engine. I think it's supposed to take care of that automatically, but in RF8 at least, un-checking batt doesn't make fuel tank full appear even though fuel is checked, too.

@Jmcdonaldjmr, I haven't personally flown the UMX Turbo Timber in real life, so I can't speak to its climb rate at various throttle positions. But it was set up and reviewed by people who have, including those responsible for actually producing and releasing the model. A few questions:
  • What controller are you using with RealFlight?
  • Are you flying the stock model, or a custom one you downloaded and imported from the swap pages?
  • What flight mode is currently active? Refer to the Flight Modes gadget.
@Bill Stuntz and @technoid, you guys must be flying a custom model to do it in RF8, because the stock UMX TT was only introduced in 9.5.

If a model references a motor or battery that does not exist, RealFlight falls back on a default component that will most likely be a poor fit, often resulting in bad behavior like what you described above. Errors like that will be reported via a console message.

I did see where it says fuel tank full, which is odd for an electric plane lol.
You're talking about the menu item in the Aircraft Editor. It is not super practical for us to update that particular text depending on the vehicle loaded. Technically, I would say that as a source of energy that motivates the vehicle, the battery falls under the broadest definition of "fuel" ?.

@Bill Stuntz and @technoid, you guys must be flying a custom model to do it in RF8, because the stock UMX TT was only introduced in 9.5.
Yep. I downloaded them a year or so ago & just started messing with them again. I've downloaded a couple variations & they both did the same thing - motor not found & nose over. I've fixed that as I described in my post#4. It's got the right motor, & flies now.

@Jmcdonaldjmr, I haven't personally flown the UMX Turbo Timber in real life, so I can't speak to its climb rate at various throttle positions. But it was set up and reviewed by people who have, including those responsible for actually producing and releasing the model. A few questions:
  • Are you flying the stock model, or a custom one you downloaded and imported from the swap pages?

If a model references a motor or battery that does not exist, RealFlight falls back on a default component that will most likely be a poor fit, often resulting in bad behavior like what you described above. Errors like that will be reported via a console message.

You're talking about the menu item in the Aircraft Editor. It is not super practical for us to update that particular text depending on the vehicle loaded. Technically, I would say that as a source of energy that motivates the vehicle, the battery falls under the broadest definition of "fuel" ?.
I am using the interlink DX, stock umx turbo timber model, AS3X mode

i have a umx turbo timber flying nicely in RF 8-- changed the motor to a "razor micro heli" and the prop to an "APC electric" ends the part not found nonsense--when you change the motor it moves the "CG" back automatically stops all that jump onto the nose crap. be sure to fix the aleirons, they are out of position reset them to the aleiron servo-- the crow setting has to be fixed to stop the spin

Back