UMX Ultrix Rudder

uberthin

I'm trying to fly the UMX Ultrix in RF Evolution and the rudder stick doesn't do anything. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Per the manual the real RC plane gets yaw control though differential thrust.

My rudder control works fine on all other planes in the sim.

Thanks!

It defaults to being hand launched, so when it's selected it appears to be sitting in mid-air. At that point - before launching it - move your rudder stick without any throttle applied. You'll see one motor spin up or the other depending on which way you move the rudder stick. That's differential thrust, running the motors at different speeds to produce yaw. This plane doesn't have a rudder on it.

When flying, the rudder stick does make the plane turn on the yaw axis, just as if it had a rudder.

If you're not seeing that happen, please tell us more about your controller setup. I've tried a couple of different settings in the Controller Profile and I couldn't break it, but I might be missing something.

Last edited:
What you say matches my understanding. I hadn't thought about pre-launch troubleshooting; that's a good idea.

When the plane is ready to be launched my rudder inputs do not make the motors spool up (as you point out they should). Throttle works fine, as do elevator and ailerons.

I have a 'betafpv' controller plugged in over USB. "X-Axis" is assigned to channel 4, which is rudder. This works fine for other planes.

I'm under the impression that, since this is a built-in model, I shouldn't be able to change any of the plane settings. Thus I shouldn't have been able to mess up any settings in the editor.

Thanks!

I had the same problem I was using the Interlink controller. I found that if switch C is put in position 0 or 1 then differential thrust is possible.

Last edited:
Back