Unexpected error steam

It must be a certain configuration causing the issue. I have no problems at all using Evo with my Interlink Elite... It is the only controller I like to use.
CSgill, could you perhaps provide your RealFlight64.ini so that I might try and see if it works for me as well? Please do comb the file for any personal info beforehand.

Thanks for looking. It appears that file is created when RF starts. I finally have RF working with my RF 2 controller In Windowed mode and the file is being created when RF is started up.

It is starting up in windowed mode. I assume this might be because the Interlink controller for RF2 is not a supported controller.To get it working did require changing the controller mappings. Elite controller always starts in full screen without the top of window settings options.

While I saved the configurations and restarted RF only part of the configuration persisted. I have tried exiting and restarting RF and the X,Y,Throttle axis are reversed when I restart. Right now I have to reconfigure the three settings that are not persistent every time I start flying.

Haven’t tried the Elite controller again. Will try again when I get a chance.

csgill75,

Worked like a charm! Thank you so much! I appreciate you helping me out.

For anyone following this thread looking for a fix in the future, I was able to get through the issue by:

1. Copy the RealFlight64.ini file (provided by csgill above) to Documents\RealFlight Evolution
2. Open the RealFlight64.ini and delete the line "CurrentControllerSelection" then save.
3. Launch the game!

Bizarrely, the issue came back, and now a fresh install with the config trick I described will not even work....

Same thing I experienced. It came back. Mine worked for about a week until the software automatically updated on July 26th.

I now have it working in windowed mode using a G2 controller.
It crashes if I tr y using the new side menus though, The menus that drop down from the top of the window work fine.

When I try using the Elite controller, the crash comes back as soon as I try to reconnect it. My Elite controller works fine with FS One.I don’t understand why it doesn’t work with Realflight. Wish I had a non-steam version to try.

Updated to the new beta version. Did not help the crash with the unexpected error with the Elite controller. Able to get mostly functional with my older G2 controller. Unfortunately the controller configuration does not stick when I restart RF or change planes. Recalibrate and remapping is always required after restart. I can the controller configuration, but after restart it no longer exists in the configuration option. Appears I always have to create a new configuration each time I restart RF.

Last edited:
Back