Unexpected errors

Crazy A Logie

Well I have just about had it with all of the so called unexpected errors I keep getting in rf. It mainly happens when I am in a multi player session or hosting. These errors happen at least 1-2 times per hour on a good day. Is there a way I can see the cause for the error? it says I sent a report to KE but I would like to view it.

my system is about year old 3.0 dual core, 1 gig pci-e nvidia card, 2 gigs of ram..

I hope someone can help me out here cause it sucks to be flying with my IRL buddies on here and poof my game crashes and they all get kicked :(

it wont let me upload the .txt file says its to big

"File Too Large. Limit for this filetype is 500.0 KB. Your file is 566.7 KB."

Attachments

• rf6stuff1.txt
    315.6 KB · Views: 18
  • rf6stuff2.txt
    251.1 KB · Views: 7
First things first. Did you install the DirectX 9.0c from your RF installation disc? That is required for proper operation. There are a couple optional DX files that your system needs to run RF. Also, at the end of your diag dump, the programs that are running, or start with your computer, are listed. Comb through those to make sure nothing is starting up that you don't need all of the time. ipodservice would be one example. You can start that software when you need it.

jeffpn said:
First things first. Did you install the DirectX 9.0c from your RF installation disc? That is required for proper operation. There are a couple optional DX files that your system needs to run RF. Also, at the end of your diag dump, the programs that are running, or start with your computer, are listed. Comb through those to make sure nothing is starting up that you don't need all of the time. ipodservice would be one example. You can start that software when you need it.

I did install direct x from the rf cd and I have disabled auto run / auto start on all of the software i had running i will fire up an online server now and wait..

thank for the help jeff

Unfortunately, there's no guarantees. But if you have most of your problems with multiplayer, then you probably have an over-aggressive Internet security program running.

jeffpn said:
Unfortunately, there's no guarantees. But if you have most of your problems with multiplayer, then you probably have an over-aggressive Internet security program running.

I have no such software running on my system but i have been up and running for about 45 mins no issues yet :rolleyes:

Crazy A Logie said:
I have no such software running on my system but i have been up and running for about 45 mins no issues yet :rolleyes:

That is not true

You do have several things that can be interfering.

I.E. You have;

- Your pure networks drivers.
- Your Saitek Support drivers
- The Generic USB support drivers
- McAffee Security

McAffee is pretty agressive and KNOWN to cause problems.

Try this;

Download and install (free ) GameBooster 3.1 from this link: - Click me -

Before you start Realflight, run Gamebooster and tell it to temporarily disable EVERYTHING in it's list ( hit "Configure" under the "start boost" button.

Hit "Start Boost", and then disable McAffee before going into Multiplayer.

That will help.

If it does not eliminate the problem altogether it is likely that something installed itself into your TCP/IP driver chain. McAffee might or can do so, interfering with multiuser/multiplayer programs.... as can many other programs that seemingly have little to do with your internet connection.

These programs install errant or older DLL files or TCP/IP stacks that will screw things up on many programs.

If you had to, you could uninstall those programs and DELETE your network interface from the Windows device manager, then reboot.

Windows will then re-install the TCP/IP driver chain upon the next reboot, resorting to using the certified WHQL drivers from Microsoft which are normally not problematic.

Keep Gamebooster around, it is a VERY useful program for maximizing performance out of larger games and 3D applications such as Realflight.

It undoes all of it's changes when you hit "restore" after running a 3D program or game, so you don't have to worry about it's effects on your system.

Just opt out of any optional software during Gamebooster installation... you should ALWAYS pay attention to "optional" software that may be installed on your system....

e.g. ONE toolbar MAY be OK, but two will slow down your system greatly!

Last edited:
I have the same issue, but i have also trouble to import stuff. Certain airplane work, others block at creating dss files ... and i got the famous Unexpected error.

Here my system information, and all my .netframe are up to date. i try almost everything. let me know is someone have a idea... Thanks !

Patrick

Attachments

• System.txt
    359.1 KB · Views: 7
That is a common problem with large files and has little to do with your machine
there is a common work around that works for almost everyone:

open RF and select a Photofield
close RF
restart RF
do not change APs , Aircraft or fly around
select the "problem file" it should now generate the dds File(s) without problems ;)

Maj. Numbskully said:
That is a common problem with large files and has little to do with your machine
there is a common work around that works for almost everyone:

open RF and select a Photofield
close RF
restart RF
do not change APs , Aircraft or fly around
select the "problem file" it should now generate the dds File(s) without problems ;)

Damn we have fast answer and service here... Amazing :eek:

I'll give it a try, and use game booster and advance system care 5 (New). they look to have nice feature ...

Let us know if you still have problems

dds errors are most common with large (high res.) CS files or EAs that contin them as the Default CS ..
If its a CS file giving you problems
Select a photofield AND the aircraft the CS is for but with its default CS before closing RF in the first steps of the work around ;)

The general consensus is that RF does not like to have lots of info loaded into the system and/or Video RAM when creating certain dds files
thats why you need to do the things in the order prescribed above

Maj. Numbskully said:
Let us know if you still have problems

dds errors are most common with large (high res.) CS files or EAs that contin them as the Default CS ..
If its a CS file giving you problems
Select a photofield AND the aircraft the CS is for but with its default CS before closing RF in the first steps of the work around ;)

The general consensus is that RF does not like to have lots of info loaded into the system and/or Video RAM when creating certain dds files
thats why you need to do the things in the order prescribed above

Im Sure your right on that, because i have only problem with .ea with large detail and resolution , i have trouble with almost all Boof69 plane or realflight 6 plane. ex : the Bristol M1c . Is Big mess, because Boof69 Make amazing Stuff !

just thought I would check back and let you all know that I have only gotten a few errors over the last week and RF 6 is running very well with the use of gamebooster!!

i try all and still have a lot of unexpected error and (data texture error) when i try to importe bigger plane .... I think maybe windows xp have a bug in certain graphic driver... ill need to go i core 7 and windows 7 :eek:

I to use XP and more often than not use windowed mode
I'm not really sure the O.S. is to blame
I've heard from folks that have the error happen
with XP , Vista and 7

I have Heard that 5/5.5 seems to do it more often than 4,5
and that 6 does it even more than 5.5 (I went from 4.5 to 6)

Another thing you can try , if you're still having problems
is to turn off some of the visuals before closing and re-starting RF
before you load a new Import things like:
Scenery objects
Trees
Particles

Maj. Numbskully said:
I have Heard that 5/5.5 seems to do it more often than 4,5
and that 6 does it even more than 5.5 (I went from 4.5 to 6)

Maj, I find that quite the opposite is true.

I've seen it frequently in 4.5 and more so in 5.5, yet on the very same machine 6.0 doesn't do it AT ALL.

I have yet to see a single DDS and/or texture error.

Errors may still result in silver planes, but there is no CTD any more, nor is the sim corrupted by the event.

Back