unfinished project that needs completion

reject

i started to do some designing but for one reason or another i stopped and have these files just lying around on my computer. i figured its time to get rid of them so i was just wondering if someone wanted these files so they could possibly finish. It is supposed to be a foamy bi wing plane. just let me know if you want it or need more information.

PS: i no longer have a pc so i do not have any of the programs that i used (i do remember what they are). this was originally for G3.5 but i don't know if that matters or not

Attachments

• 3dplane.jpg
    3dplane.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
But you don't even have a PC anymore. :confused: :confused:

I help guys who are very likely to be future contributors,
folks that have a genuine desire to see their dream aircraft in the simulator.

You walking away from a project is not even close to any of that criteria.

reject said:
so ill take that as you don't want it. thanks for the help

reject said:
i started to do some designing but for one reason or another i stopped and have these files just lying around on my computer. i figured its time to get rid of them so i was just wondering if someone wanted these files so they could possibly finish. It is supposed to be a foamy bi wing plane. just let me know if you want it or need more information.

PS: i no longer have a pc so i do not have any of the programs that i used (i do remember what they are). this was originally for G3.5 but i don't know if that matters or not

If you no longer have a PC how are you going to send the file? Where is the file being stored if not on your computer?

Norton said:
If you no longer have a PC how are you going to send the file? Where is the file being stored if not on your computer?

Did anyone stop to consider he has a Mac now, and maybe transferred all of his file indiscriminately to it and it so happens to be on his MAC alongside a Screenshot he took when he was making the aircraft?

Why be so rude to him? Norton, rudeness doesn't apply directly to you as the post I quoted was reasonable, however one could interpret the other posts by previous members as somewhat rude.

Last edited:
Bjornke said:
Did anyone stop to consider he has a Mac now, and maybe transferred all of his file indiscriminately to it and it so happens to be on his MAC alongside a Screenshot he took when he was making the aircraft?

Why be so rude to him?

Hi Brandon,
Well, why don't you help the poor guy out.
Pay it Forward.

phrank said:
Hi Brandon,
Well, why don't you help the poor guy out.
Pay it Forward.

The Screenshot makes the file appear as if it was modeled in Wings3D which I have no experience in, I have Blender, and prefer that method. I cannot help him unless he were to export it, which he cannot because he apparently does not have the software anymore.

Bjornke said:
The Screenshot makes the file appear as if it was modeled in Wings3D which I have no experience in, I have Blender, and prefer that method. I cannot help him unless he were to export it, which he cannot because he apparently does not have the software anymore.

So you stopped by to say you can't help him either?

How Rude. :D

This actually makes me laugh. ;) :D

If I could I would offer some help, but I do not consider myself to be a very good modeler. I model individual parts but my expertise at fine tuning and color scheming is to laugh at. :p

Bjornke said:
This actually makes me laugh. ;) :D

If I could I would offer some help, but I do not consider myself to be a very good modeler. I model individual parts but my expertise at fine tuning and color scheming is to laugh at. :p

I wouldn't say that.
Your Denine, SPAD, Donut, Cessna CJ2, etc. weren't too bad. Stop being too hard on yourself.
Help the guy out.

phrank said:
I wouldn't say that.
Your Denine, SPAD, Donut, Cessna CJ2, etc. weren't too bad. Stop being too hard on yourself.
Help the guy out.

Hehe, yeah sure. ;)

The CJ2 bounced like no tomorrow, the CS sucked so bad, and I had the physics way out of wack, was way over-sized.

The Donut looked like crap and flew even worse, the SPAD was alright, had nice modeling I would say but CS sucked and Physics were also out of wack, Denine, just as bad as the spad with nice modeling but same issues.

One could even argue that my modeling was bad, despite the fact that I never based it off of a real aircraft, besides the SPAD, it could easily be argued as horrible.

Thanks, but I think I've learned my lesson with modeling. :D

ok I am going to answerer all of yalls questions:

Jeffpn: the screen shot was taken when i was making the plane and it was on another thread that i had going so i just took it from that one and put it on this one

Norton: the file is currently on my mac but still in the original format and i can send it in whatever way is easiest

and Bjornke thanks for the input and your stuff isnt half bad. yes i used wings 3d but i do have a copy of the file in blender (not sure how complete it is thought)

all i am doing is looking for someone who is wiling to take on the project because i hate to see it go to waste as it just sits on my computer, after all i did put some time into it despite what it looks like.

reject said:
ok I am going to answerer all of yalls questions:

Jeffpn: the screen shot was taken when i was making the plane and it was on another thread that i had going so i just took it from that one and put it on this one

Norton: the file is currently on my mac but still in the original format and i can send it in whatever way is easiest

and Bjornke thanks for the input and your stuff isnt half bad. yes i used wings 3d but i do have a copy of the file in blender (not sure how complete it is thought)

all i am doing is looking for someone who is wiling to take on the project because i hate to see it go to waste as it just sits on my computer, after all i did put some time into it despite what it looks like.

I'm willing to look at your Blender File if you want and finish it up and do mapping but we would have to fine someone who is good with the rest as I can't do colorschemes for my life and I am not entirely great at fine tuning physics to match the real world.

Bjornke said:
I'm willing to look at your Blender File if you want and finish it up and do mapping but we would have to fine someone who is good with the rest as I can't do colorschemes for my life and I am not entirely great at fine tuning physics to match the real world.
alright sounds good. how do you want me to send you the file. ill try and find someone to do the color scheme but as far as the physics go i dont know where to begin

Back