Update to Latest Version

Ronzo

Hi,
I just got my new Dell together and loaded RealFlight 3.5 loaded.
Works great, BUT how can I Update to Latest Version without going
online. Maybe it sounds crazy but I bought it just for RealFlight.
I don't want any virises or anything else invading my computer.

God bless

Ronzo

Protection ...

Ronzo said:
Hi,
God bless
Ronzo
Personally (as loaded in my own new Dell XP), I wouldn't be without ZoneAlarm for all the protection I've needed so far ... (after several invasions prior to importing and installing it)... and you can try it for a couple of weeks before buying it, just to see if it meets your needs/wants/expectations:
http://www.zonealarm.com/store/cont...=inclient&date=1191283200&version=7.0.337.000

I wouldn't really worry that much about invasions. Just plug the PC in, update it, then unplug it from the net. There is pretty much nill chance of anything happening.

Zelatio said:
I wouldn't really worry that much about invasions. Just plug the PC in, update it, then unplug it from the net. There is pretty much nill chance of anything happening.
that is true. you are reducing you chance from near 1/100 to 1/10000 if you only ever conect to do the update.

I have to wonder how it is you're able to post on this forum without Internet access. ;)

At any rate, I would say you probably really don't need to worry about getting viruses if all you do is connect to the Internet to get a RealFlight update. The days of automatically getting infected by things like Blaster / Welchia as soon as you're online are pretty much over, as pretty much any brand new PC has all the necessary updates and patches to be immune to any such things.

The main reason that I've seen that people get their computers infected is that they were "tricked" into installing a piece of software they thought was legitimate, but turned out to be not so trustworthy. I am pretty darned sure RealFlight G3.5 updates don't fall into this category. :p

Long story short, you probably don't need to worry so much about getting a virus as long as you're careful and know what it is you're downloading/installing.

Well Adam

:rolleyes: Well Adam,
That's a done good question. When I need to check or write e-mail on
the net I use my granddaughters computer.Now that shes in school all
day I have plenty of time :D Seeing that I caught your attention, could
I ask you a question? I'm not really doing all that well on RealFlight.
I take off alright but once I get up and away I can't really see the plane
to bring it back. Is there something I should do to keep site of my plane
and also watch the landing strip to land. :confused:
Thanks once again
Ronzo

We've implemented a feature to help with that very problem. What you want is the "binocular" gadget. It's a small window that runs on top of RealFlight that shows you a close-up of the plane's orientation, no matter where it is. You can activate it by selecting it in the View -> Gadgets menu, or by simply pressing the '3' key on your keyboard.

Hope that helps!

Ronzo said:
Hi,
Works great, BUT how can I Update to Latest Version without going
online. Maybe it sounds crazy but I bought it just for RealFlight.

God bless

Ronzo

As suggested I would just hook up to the internet for the update. Otherwise you can request a link to a manual installer from Knife Edge....download to a different computer then use a USB Memory Stick to move the file to your computer.

You are missing out on some great free models here if you are not using this forum to download. You could use the USB Stick solution for downloading models as well.

Back