Updating with Helicopter Update

ebreeve

Anyone having issues updating G3 with the Helicopter update? I have downloaded it and attempted to install it. It looks as if it starts to run, then it just disappears. I see in task manager that a setup.exe and wow.... something or other are running, but nothing is happening. When I launch G3 there are no helicopters added to the list. Anyone have any thoughts?

I used to have problems with G2 and the best fix was to UN-Install it and the heli package and then RE-install it and the heli package . I don't know if it will work but its worth a go .
Rod H
:)

I had the exact same problem, i was able to get the window to not close instantly and the error i got was "program too big to fit in memory". I have tried all the microsoft troubleshooting issues with regards to increasing the amount of memory available to the DOS installer with no luck. This added bit of info however may help you or the developers find a solution.

Thanks for your thoughts. I will hang in there a bit and see if a developer will answer. I did get the update for G3 today and my graphics improved dramatically. BTW - I run with on board vid with shared mem - works great! MS Flight Sim 2004 was fun! This beats it hands down! Can't wait to get the helos working though!

Last edited:
Fixed!

I read some of the other posts and tried the MS 16 bit fix. That actually didn't fix anything at first - in order for it work on my set-up I did the following:

Copied the Heli update to the root of c: and named it heli.exe
Launched command.com from the windows sys32 dir
executed the heli.exe from the command window.

Doing this the command window stayed active and the install sheild could complete all the way through.

I now have the helos! Yeah.

Back