Upgrade from G3.5 to G5 ?need help

eelleeccttrriic

i have ordered the G5 upgrade for my old G3.5. I am a newbie to upgrades and that stuff so I am wondering if there is any advice for me from all you experts outthere Plz Help!!

G5 Good Excuse for a New Machine

Since RF G5 has exposed the age of my machine (really only 3yrs), and to avoid all the cussing, it seems like a good time to rebuild: will stay with AMD chip (probably Phenom X4 or X3), but have doubled up on the video capability using dual 'SLI' cards w/ a couple of gig of GDDR3 memory, plus 4 gig DDR2 RAM on the 'Asus' MOBO... 'T-Direct' had everything to make a screaming gamer.
It's the low side of $5bills, but should do the trick: RF chg is good so I ain't mad at cha

What $500.00 buys now-a-days is amazing.

Which video cards are you planning to use?

Careful with SLI. The CPU and data bus MUST keep up or you are wasting money with SLI.

Just got G5, may I say it installed flawlessly and runs like a dream. Looks fantastic! Here is my budget system that runs G5 just fine:

Amd 3.1 X2 Processor
4 gigs RAM
512mb ATI 4550 Radeon

I put the system together, with a nice power supply and on a decent motherboard, for under $400. By the way, I run G5 at my monitor's native resolution of 1680x1050. You don't need a supercomputer to run it!
I'm living proof. :D

Happy flying!
(Love G5!)

Back