Upgrade to 3.5 Questions

bob_nj

Just made the switch and realized the following:
Maybe someone can help?

Need full up trim to fly level, and the planes dive hard when inverted, both new and old.
Did recal, restart, and unplugged the Interlink a few times to no avail.

Also, in the Engine section there is something called prop wash, but there's no reference to it in the manual.
Any ideas?

Basically at slow speeds I have little elevator and rudder control, especially in a hover and harrier.
I'm guessing there isn't enough air over the surfaces.

The trim issue is with any plane, new or old.

When I switch to dual rates, the trim changes too?
By the lack of response, I guess it's my problem.

Upgrade

Yes I did upgrade.
That's when these issues popped up.

I'm off to work right now, but my laptop was bought specifically for this purpose and it is fine. I will however answer your question when I can.

Both issues are with the trims.
Need near full up to fly level, and then that setting will change when dual rates are used.

Thanks
Bob

Hi Bob,

I've not heard of anyone else with this problem hence I asked how did you upgrade ? there are number of ways you can upgrade ...

1. installing EP 3
2. installing a .exe file downloaded from a link provided by Great Planes support
3. using the realflight launcher

If I had to guess I'd say something has gone a bit wrong with the install (assuming the controller is working ok). Posting your system info as described in the link not only gives us information on your hardware but also what files have been installed with regards G3.5

regards,

Tony

Calibration, mapping

Try these if not already done.​
1/ picture Map.jpg
check if G3.5 is seeing you controller trimmed Center. See Picture MAP.jpg
never mind that mine is mapped different. just look to see if the Blue Power bars are center.​

Remember to Center you Trims

2/ manual.jpg and Calibration.jpg
Use the manual to find out how to calibrate your controller for G3.5.
The manual can be accessed through the menus in G3.5; Go to help and click on contents.
From there the manual will launch. Now go to page 264.
(I use G3.5.060 so that is what page the Calibration stuff is on for mine, if you cant find it at page 264 for you manual, just do a search through the index for the same title or use the find function in adobe)

Remember to Center you Trims before you do the calibration

I hope this helps. If it dose not help. then try as Tony mentioned, post the system specs so others can see if there is an install problem or ?

PS did you end up using the AoutHotkey program to be able to switch views from the controller whilst in flight ?

Attachments

• Map.jpg
    Map.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 21
  • manual.jpg
    manual.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Calibration.jpg
    Calibration.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Back