Upgrade to RF-X

A word of advice. If your Considering upgrading to RealFlight-X, do yourself a favor, and check the System Requirements First.
You Really Want Optimum!
Also, do your homework in the RealFlight-X Forums. You'll be glad you did.

The RealFlight-X Controller is actually 10 Channel, BUT is NOT compatible with Earlier Versions of RealFlight.

RealFlight Drone came with the InterLink Elite Controller. (8 Channel) It IS Compatible with the RealFlight 4-7.5, Drone, and RF-X Programs. In RF-X, the extra Channels.(9.10) can be utilized via keyboard.

Each RealFlight Program, Installs as an Individual, FULL Program (eg. 4, 5, 6, 7, 7.5, Drone, and RF-X)
UpDates are Free, Downloaded, and will add on, to an existing version. eg 7.0-7.5.
UpGrade Versions, are Full Programs, which are Software Only. Intended for Individuals, who already have a RealFlight Controller.

In the event you find your system, not up to running RealFlight-X, RealFlight 7.5 is a Fine program, with loads of capabilities. Aircraft, and Airfield editing, along with thousands of files, of Swap Page Content. RF-7.5 upgrade is a Full Version of RealFlight and can be had for about $50. (Since you already have the InterLink Elite Controller)

Last edited:
A word of advice. If your Considering upgrading to RealFlight-X, do yourself a favor, and check the System Requirements First.
You Really Want Optimum!
Also, do your homework in the RealFlight-X Forums. You'll be glad you did.

The RealFlight-X Controller is actually 10 Channel, BUT is NOT compatible with Earlier Versions of RealFlight.

RealFlight Drone came with the InterLink Elite Controller. (8 Channel) It IS Compatible with the RealFlight 4-7.5, Drone, and RF-X Programs. In RF-X, the extra Channels.(9.10) can be utilized via keyboard.

Each RealFlight Program, Installs as an Individual, FULL Program (eg. 4, 5, 6, 7, 7.5, Drone, and RF-X)
UpDates are Free, Downloaded, and will add on, to an existing version. eg 7.0-7.5.
UpGrade Versions, are Full Programs, which are Software Only. Intended for Individuals, who already have a RealFlight Controller.

In the event you find your system, not up to running RealFlight-X, RealFlight 7.5 is a Fine program, with loads of capabilities. Aircraft, and Airfield editing, along with thousands of files, of Swap Page Content. RF-7.5 upgrade is a Full Version of RealFlight and can be had for about $50. (Since you already have the InterLink Elite Controller)

Thanks, my specs are somewhere in the middle of minimum and optimum, but knowing me I'll want to upgrade.

I think I'll take your advice and if i do take the plunge then go for 7.5

Thanks again

Thanks, my specs are somewhere in the middle of minimum and optimum, but knowing me I'll want to upgrade.

I think I'll take your advice and if i do take the plunge then go for 7.5

Thanks again

For RF-X you'll want to go beyond the optimum, many have tried that spec but it falls short of what you want to run RF-X at. I have a 6700K 32 Gig and a GTX 1070 and I wish I had gotten the GTX 1080, and I'm only running RF-X at 1920x1200 and I want the 1080. So to me the 1070 is the minimum you want to buy with the GTX 1080 being a much better choice. It's the extra 15-20 fps the 1080 runs at that makes a big difference in the way RF-X feels when you run it. Read the many posts about people being very frustrated and you'll see what I mean. So think 1080! With the new 1080 Ti being the best choice if you have a 1440 monitor. Some are hoping the 1080 Ti is a good choice for 4k too, and it might be. But the reviews of it are not here yet. I will admit I like high frame rates so my opinion is based on that. The different fields and different planes hit the frame rate differently too. And ignore any frame rate you see for the new Green Grass Flatlands field, that field was added for people with weak systems so they'd have something to fly. It isn't a good indication of what frame rates ALL the other fields get.

Sorry, what has been discontinued 7.5 as a full purchase or the upgrade?

Thanks

It seems/appears, RealFlight has Discontinued Distributing RealFlight 7.0-7.5 Upgrade (Software Only). ~ $50
http://www.realflight.com/products/rf7_5/gpmz4528.php?moreinfo=features
Although No Official Declaration has been made, that I have been able to find. There are Many Assumptions.

There is, Most Probably, Legitimate, RealFlight 7.0-7.5 Upgrade, (Software Only) Available Somewhere.
This may require some searching.

RealFlight 7.5, Full Packages, all seem to be Readily Available. (At this time)
http://www.realflight.com/products/rf7_5/gpmz4520.php?moreinfo=features

Check your Private Messages

Last edited:
If you go to Tower Hobby and try to buy the upgrade package, you will see a label telling you that it has been discontinued. That is the horses mouth.

You can still buy the full 7.5 version.. nothing has been announced about that.

Back