Upload issues

Moto-Guzzi

Been trying to upload several color schemes lately without success...

I get either:

A) The forever "thinking circle" , with no upload complete or error message , or

B) The message "upload failed, be sure file is less than 2MB"

Files are all 4200-4400KB, (I've successfully uploaded other color schemes that were over12,000KB) and these are only modified versions of previously uploaded schemes.

Any advise (besides starting again from scratch!) would be appreciated :)

It could be something they haven't reset since the site crash. I noticed the picture preview on attachments is still not back/working.

I haven't flown with you in a while. I'm off on disability right now so I'll keep an eye out for you hosting one of your fields.

The only thing I can think of trying is uploading them as zip and rfx and see if one works because of file type.

Last edited:
I've just noticed the swap pages look a bit broken, with the "most recent, most popular, and highest rated" categories not being separated but are all merged into one, showing all of those categories at once. Each named categories is also not in its usual tab. I'm not sure if this is a browser issue though or its related to not being able to upload anything.

Thanks Guys.....

I did a small change of a couple pixels to one stock scheme and uploaded as a test....it worked but my others wont go...they are substantially larger but not AS large as others I've uploaded in the past...

Hope its something with RF that gets fixed, I'd hate to loose all that work...I'll post some screen shots of them later because I "feel the need" to put something up, LOL!

Here are some of the schemes I'm waiting to upload.....

Attachments

• Barmstorm bud gurney.jpg
    Barmstorm bud gurney.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 16
  • ScreenShot1500186209.jpg
    ScreenShot1500186209.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Barnstorm lindley_daytona_1921.jpg
    Barnstorm lindley_daytona_1921.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 13
  • ScreenShot1500138334.jpg
    ScreenShot1500138334.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 13
and these too....

Attachments

• ScreenShot1499138600.jpg
    ScreenShot1499138600.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 16
  • ScreenShot1499145182.jpg
    ScreenShot1499145182.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 14
  • ScreenShot1500136419.jpg
    ScreenShot1500136419.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 12
  • ScreenShot1500164419.jpg
    ScreenShot1500164419.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 17
They look great!

Post one of those colorschemes in this thread and I will see what the error you get. I can upload swap files and post them in your name or anyone else's for that matter...

Last edited:
Very nice screen shots.. what plane is that?

Curtiss Jenny someone put on swaps way back in 2009...original color scheme was a bit of a mess, lots of backward/upside down parts, ailerons on opposite wings etc... etc...took me months to figure out how to line anything up up for painting.

Right now its one giant .XCF file in gimp, I toggle different layers on and off for fuse/wing/cowling and decal combos, export to my main model in RF, then "save color scheme as" to create a new TGA.....

I've been able to upload some of them that way (Army green, a Marine gray, and a Rhinebeck Navy yellow/gray) but these last couple wont go.....

They look great!

Post one of those colorschemes in this thread and I will see what the error you get. I can upload swap files and post them in your name or anyone else's for that matter...

You want the TGA files as an attachment here?

In the ones I've previously uploaded, I added a masked_s.tga file (spec map?) to kill some of the high gloss

Should I put them both here for each version?

Thanks

One other thing...

A jenny just aint a Jenny without that spiders web of king-posts, rigging and lower wing loops....any possibility you savy 3-D builders could reverse engineer them onto this model?

or better yet.....build another one WITH all that stuff added!?!

I think your first one was this where you fixed all the stuff wrong with the Army CS.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1500656919.jpg
    ScreenShot1500656919.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 7
Curtiss Jenny someone put on swaps way back in 2009...original color scheme was a bit of a mess, lots of backward/upside down parts, ailerons on opposite wings etc... etc...took me months to figure out how to line anything up up for painting.

Right now its one giant .XCF file in gimp, I toggle different layers on and off for fuse/wing/cowling and decal combos, export to my main model in RF, then "save color scheme as" to create a new TGA.....

I've been able to upload some of them that way (Army green, a Marine gray, and a Rhinebeck Navy yellow/gray) but these last couple wont go.....

Is this the plane on the swaps you're talking about, and the one YOU USE?

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/10151

Give me a few links to pictures or upload pictures of a Jenny you want modeled. It would be good to have some really nice shots of it. I'm finishing a plane I'm working on now and might do it for my next plane. ( BUT NO PROMISES )

Been trying to upload several color schemes lately without success...

I get either:

A) The forever "thinking circle" , with no upload complete or error message , or

B) The message "upload failed, be sure file is less than 2MB"

Files are all 4200-4400KB, (I've successfully uploaded other color schemes that were over12,000KB) and these are only modified versions of previously uploaded schemes.

Any advise (besides starting again from scratch!) would be appreciated :)

When you save the TGA file do you enable compression? I meant to ask this before but forgot to do it.

Just post the file that you want posted on the Swap pages, if there is a error with the file, I would like to see exactly what it says and see if there is a work around.

This is what the broken upload page looks like for me, if that helps.

Attachments

• Knife edge problem..JPG
    Knife edge problem..JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 9
Is this the plane on the swaps you're talking about, and the one YOU USE?

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/10151

Give me a few links to pictures or upload pictures of a Jenny you want modeled. It would be good to have some really nice shots of it. I'm finishing a plane I'm working on now and might do it for my next plane. ( BUT NO PROMISES )

Yes thats the one I've been tinkering with...are you talking about rendering an entirely new 3-d model? Or somehow manipulating whats there to add more components (I dont know anything about 3-d rendering).

I will start another thread and post some pictures and line diagrams (lots of JN-4 images online)

Thanks again!

Yes thats the one I've been tinkering with...are you talking about rendering an entirely new 3-d model? Or somehow manipulating whats there to add more components (I dont know anything about 3-d rendering).

I will start another thread and post some pictures and line diagrams (lots of JN-4 images online)

Thanks again!

It will be an all new model with more detail than the first one even in the items that are there. The problem is you can't modify an existing model unless you have the source code for it but the original modelers don't usually do that. That Jenny has a 96 inch wingspan so I'll make mine the same size. Once I get the model I'm working on finished I'll start on it after a little break.

Back